Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Texas Leaguer

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Texas Leaguer

  1. This is a statement game for Holmes. Some people tried to say the Cooper/Holmes game was, but we were talking an up and coming program that Holmes put a beatdown on. In this case, we have an established program in which the Bulldogs are running out of the gym. Anybody have any stats on this game?
  2. Campbell County seems to be the team in the 37th district that seems to reload every year (as they outnumber every team in terms of student population by at least 500-600+, and its even a wider margin for some of the teams...), but still struggles to make it out of district. However, this may be the year for them to take the district as Scott was hit hard by graduation and Bishop Brossart seems to be down as well. However, Scott's only returning starter, Zach Sowder, will be one of the early pre-season candidates for the 10th Region POY and they will rely heavily on him. He is Scott's ace pitcher and is also the best pitcher in the district, and is arguably 1 of the best 2 pitchers in the whole region (Logan Dailey of Harrison County being the other). We all know pitching is the great equalizer on the diamond and that is exactly what Sowder brings to a team that lost many players to graduation. Thus, without further ado, here is my rankings of the 37th District and how I think it will play out during the season: 1) Scott 2) Campbell County 3) Bishop Brossart 4) Calvary Christian 5) Silver Grove Scott will have the advantage in the pitching category as they return several underclassmen pitchers who have plenty of experience now at the Varsity level. However, Scott is severely lacking in the offensive category. If they are able to generate a little bit of offense, they will take the district presuming their pitching is as consistent and at the level I expect it to be. As I said previously, Scott has been the lone consistent team to make the 10th Region Tournament from this district, year in and year out and I expect this year to be no different.
  3. Zach Sowders (Scott) will be one of the favorites to bring back POY honors in the 10th. He has started since his sophomore year of high school and has been a great player thus far in his career and I expect nothing less in his senior year. Not only is he one of the best baseball players in the 10th, but he is most likely one of the best athletes in the whole state of Kentucky. He has been the starting Quarterback for Scott since his junior year but has been starting for Scott since his sophomore year (became the first 2000 yard rusher in a season, for Scott's history). He is also one of the best in the state in wrestling for his class. He has been one of the best atheletes ever to walk the halls of Scott. Zach Sowder and Logan Dailey (Harrison County) will be the top two pitchers in the region by a good margin from what I've seen thus far. Harrison has won the region the last 2 years while Scott has finished runner-up in both those years. Harrison returns a considerable amount of players this year and thus will be the favorite to repeat. Scott lost virtually there whole starting line-up with the exception of Sowder, thus there will be lots of questions for the Eagles this year. Scott has always been the most consistent team from the 37th district as they have made the 10th Region Tournament every year since they joined the 10th. Campbell County and Brossart have alternated with the other spot. So thus, I expect Scott to continue that consistency and be 1 of the 2 teams from the 37th District to make the Regional Tournament. However, since Scott's roster is so depleted this year, they are more vulnerable than they have ever been so Campbell County or Brossart might sneak up on them this year. However, they do have one of the two best pitchers in the region in Zach Sowder so I'm confident they will be fine. GRC has always been one of great teams in the 10th and I have no doubt they will contend as well. I'm unsure what they return this year but they have a great coach so I'm sure they will just reload year in and year out. At this point and time, I'd have it like this: 1) Harrison County 2) George Rogers Clark 3) Scott 4-10 to be determined. I'll do a bit of investigating on my own part when I have the time to take a trip or two to some of the other local schools to get a better feel for the teams in the 10th and I'll report later what I find.
  4. Kellen Smith and O' Connor from Scott are up there. Kellen is one of the most polished players in NKY for sure as well as the state. Led NKY last year in assists for the whole region while at the same time was one of the top scorers. If he isn't top 5, he is extremely close...
  5. How did Collinsworth to at the All-American game by the way?
  6. At Running Back? Yes, you are correct. Collinsworth volunteered to play their this year as their was a void at that position for the team and he decided to fill it as it would give their team the best chance at winning. Collinsworth's true position is at WR and thats where Kelly plans on using him for the forseeable future. Collinsworth has much better hands than Simpson at this point. I persoonally believe that Collinsworth is the better prospect at this point but that is extremely debatable and I'll be the first to admit that.
  7. I completely agree. There was a reason why he led all of NKY last year in assists and was also top 10 in scoring as well. Kellen is a player.
  8. Mason is still a very good basketball team and has some very good players on their squad. Scott went into Mason and last friday and played them very well for it being away game (and the sheer atmosphere of the Fieldhouse is enough to give a few more points to the home team) so it was a good sign for the Eagles. They will be just fine this year...
  9. 21 point loss to Mason at home last year is a bit misleading. It was a close contest throughout the game (never exceeding a 5-point lead) until about 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter where it was a 5-point lead then for Mason.
  10. Sounds like Scott was doing well for itself. After close games with Lexington Catholic and Mason county as well as a win over Male, does Scott (2-2) deserve to be in the top 25 in the polls?
  11. Without a question they are 3rd in the region now. I'd say the top 3 are pretty solid in GRC, Mason, and Scott and atfter that I really think it is a tossup at this point...
  12. Are you all referring to me or Sunrise?
  13. Holmes played a better opponent than Scott County so I can see why the remained on top. I thought Clark might jump SC in the polls though with an outside shot of Holmes. Holmes is still the top team in the state regardless of that loss.
  14. According to the Courier-Journal, CoacheAid, and the BGP poll they have Clark ahead of Mason County in the top 25. Alot of polls for that matter are like that from what I've seen. Regardless whether is it #1 vs #3 or #2 vs #3 it should still be a great game.
  15. I wish Sowder was able to make 1st team but it still a good accomplishment for the young man. I wish him well in his future, whether it be football or baseball that he he decides to continue in his career.
  16. Well Austin has the Army haircut down pat in these pictures :lol:.
  17. Scott has a rough schedule to start as 3 of their first 4 games are againt Male, Mason County, and Lexington Catholic. They took care of Male in convincing fashion and now its time to take care of business with Mason. Should be a great game as this pits the #2 versus the #3 team in the 10th region.
  18. If the player is still and not moving around, it should be an offensive foul. However, if the player is moving and goes into the path of the offensive player, it is a foul on the defensive one.
  19. First Pendleton wins over Campbell County and now takes Brossart to OT... Are they legit this year or is the 37th down this year? I ask this because I've only been able to see Scott so far this year and haven't been able to see any of their 37th district counterparts.
  20. This is a great start for the season for Scott. There next game is tonight against Harrison County but they take take a visit down to Maysville to play Mason County (12/11) only to play Lexington Catholic 2 days later (12/13). Good early season tests for these boys that will benefit them down the road. We should be able to get a good gauge as to where the team is right now based off how they perform in these games.
  21. All-State Running Back Candidates: Miles Simpson (Simon Kenton) Rees MacShara (Boyle County) Austin Collinsworth (Highlands) Dominique Hayden (LCA) Now I fail to list Buckler because I think in all honestly he won't be selected to the All-State teams. I think he will get Honorable mention at the most. The other candidates have put up very good numbers but also played better competition IMO and also led their teams to state championship (with the exception of Miles Simpson). I know Bellevue advanced to the regional final but that is just how I feel. All-State Quarterback Candidates: Antonio Andrews (Fort Campbell) Michael Burchett (Prestonburg) Cameron Looper (Lone Oak) All-State Wide Reciever Candidates: Xavier Shelton (Mayfield) (Past this person, I believe there is alot of speculation and could go a bunch of different ways) Just my thoughts so far.
  22. Don't kid yourself, Scott has been in the top 25 several times over the past 3-4 years. They are a solid ball club.
  23. That is if Highlands stays in 5A. There is a good chance they might be dropped to 4A...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.