Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All-state teams???

Featured Replies

When do the various teams come out across the state? I am already having withdraws from HS football.

It usually comes out around Christmas. Or it seems to have in the past.

When do the various teams come out across the state? I am already having withdraws from HS football.

 

Me too.

Ballots have to be turn in by this Thursday

When do the various teams come out across the state? I am already having withdraws from HS football.

 

I was wondering , who from your team do you expect to see on the all-state 1st or 2nd team and what position do they play?

 

I think it will be interesting to see who the fans pick and who is actually is on the list and who isn't , when the final results come out.

The folks I think I might see on there from Fort Campbell include:

 

 

 

Offense

QB - Antonio Andrews, Sr.

WR - Chris Allen, Sr

OL - Anthony Topps, Sr

 

Defense

DL - Anthony Topps, Sr

LB - Derrion Crank, Sr

DB - Breeon Moreno, Sr

DB - Tre Powell, Jr

 

Just what I am thinking, but I am sure that not all of them will be selected.

From Bellevue:

 

Ricky Buckler

 

RB, DB, Punt Return, Kickoff Return, Kicker

 

2851 yards rushing this year

 

42 rushing TD this year

 

Ended his career with his name going to be on the list of 10 Kentucky State Records.

 

Hasn't received as much notice state wide as a lot of kids with lesser numbers but his numbers are unbelievable considering he never leaves the field and everyone on the other team knows he will getting the ball.

All-State Running Back Candidates:

Miles Simpson (Simon Kenton)

Rees MacShara (Boyle County)

Austin Collinsworth (Highlands)

Dominique Hayden (LCA)

 

Now I fail to list Buckler because I think in all honestly he won't be selected to the All-State teams. I think he will get Honorable mention at the most. The other candidates have put up very good numbers but also played better competition IMO and also led their teams to state championship (with the exception of Miles Simpson). I know Bellevue advanced to the regional final but that is just how I feel.

 

All-State Quarterback Candidates:

Antonio Andrews (Fort Campbell)

Michael Burchett (Prestonburg)

Cameron Looper (Lone Oak)

 

All-State Wide Reciever Candidates:

Xavier Shelton (Mayfield)

(Past this person, I believe there is alot of speculation and could go a bunch of different ways)

 

Just my thoughts so far.

All-State Running Back Candidates:

Miles Simpson (Simon Kenton)

Rees MacShara (Boyle County)

Austin Collinsworth (Highlands)

Dominique Hayden (LCA)

 

Now I fail to list Buckler because I think in all honestly he won't be selected to the All-State teams. I think he will get Honorable mention at the most. The other candidates have put up very good numbers but also played better competition IMO and also led their teams to state championship (with the exception of Miles Simpson). I know Bellevue advanced to the regional final but that is just how I feel.

 

All-State Quarterback Candidates:

Antonio Andrews (Fort Campbell)

Michael Burchett (Prestonburg)

Cameron Looper (Lone Oak)

 

All-State Wide Reciever Candidates:

Xavier Shelton (Mayfield)

(Past this person, I believe there is alot of speculation and could go a bunch of different ways)

 

Just my thoughts so far.

 

Burdette from LCA definitely should be in the hunt at WR.

I'm with Papa on Buckler. He led the state in rushing and broke numerous records.

I'm glad to see that Ernst nominated Jake Smith from NewCath. That kid was a dominating DE and got lost in the shuffle due to NewCath's less than stellar regular season. He was, in my opinion, the best DE that I saw all year.

I'm glad to see that Ernst nominated Jake Smith from NewCath. That kid was a dominating DE and got lost in the shuffle due to NewCath's less than stellar regular season. He was, in my opinion, the best DE that I saw all year.

 

Ernst didn't nominate Jake Smith.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2009/11/16/all-state/

 

NKFCA Did

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2009/12/01/northern-kentuckys-top-10-players/

 

Here is Ernst Ballot

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/preps/2009/12/03/my-all-state-ballot/

If there is a better safety in the state than Eric Shaw then I would like to see him? He should make this team!!!

 

Gotcha, for some reason I read Jake Smith. Either way, he was their best defensive player last year and deserves the recognition.

Gotcha, for some reason I read Jake Smith. Either way, he was their best defensive player last year and deserves the recognition.

 

No doubt about it!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.