Everything posted by Texas Leaguer
-
4A Final: Boyle County 42 Lone Oak 39 2OT
I agree and I really feel for them, especially after what happened on the FG attempt at the end of the 4th. You really have to feel for the kids in this one. I think Lone Oak really should be heading home now with the 4A State Championship with them but regardless, congrats to the Rebels.
-
4A Final: Boyle County 42 Lone Oak 39 2OT
This game will be talked about awhile and especially the no-call on the delay of game (that should have been called) as Boyle County attempted a 38-yard FG to tie the game up towards the end of the 4th quarter.
-
4A Final: Boyle County (14-0)/Lone Oak (14-0) Updates
Well if Lone Oak makes those 2 extra points we are right back where we started so in essence, it doesn't really matter. Lone Oaks kicker missing those two is an extremely rare occurence to him according to one of the earlier posts.
-
The 2009 Commonwealth of KY Championship - Best Game
That is a possibility but I think you grossly overestimate Highlands Defense. One of the best in the state by far so I doubt it will be high scoring but I have been wrong before...
-
The 2009 Commonwealth of KY Championship - Best Game
1A will have 2 teams that are playing about on the same level being pitted against each other. I think it will be by far the most entertaining game of the bunch.
-
Question for Highlands/Ryle fans
That is most likely attributed to the fact that they were still breaking in their sophomore QB since their starter went down with an injury but it was still a convincing victory nonetheless.
-
Question for Highlands/Ryle fans
This has been talked about quite a bit this year but its because both teams were having scheduling problems and thus settled on playing a 2nd game this year. In actuality it isn't that bad as Ryle was, IMO, one of the top 10 teams in 6A and Highlands was the #1 team in 5A and arguably the best team in the state.
-
NKY Football
^To put this in even more perspective, if you would take the top 10 teams from each region of the state and put them head to head with one another, who would you think would come away with the most wins?
-
NKY Football
This still doesn't make sense. Highlands may be the only team going to a State Championship game but NKY also had some teams just miss out (i.e. NCC, Beechwood, and Simon Kenton). You're argument holds very little water. The only thing that this proves is that NKY is a little down overall this year (and I'm on record for saying that) but they are still very good.
-
5A: Highlands/Pulaski County Updates
Anybody have an idea how PC has scored?
-
5A: Highlands/Pulaski County Updates
How did Pulaski County score?
-
6A: Trinity/Scott County Updates
Wow, good game so far...
-
Bluegrass-Buckeye Classic
The Highlands/Oak Hills and Scott/Lexington Catholic matchups appears to be the best games of the ones listed to be played.
-
2009 Hensley Rating System Rankings & Semi-State Predictions (ALL classes)
I just don't see the latter happening by that big of a margin... and this is coming from a person who thinks that Highlands is better and would beat both St. X and Trinity this year. If the games were played, the margins would be much closer...
-
Out of Class
I'd bet on it as Highlands is officially 4A now as well as CovCath who has been 4A for awhile now. Scott's student population is dropping and right now I believe is sub-1000 and they are now considered 4A. Holmes is also 4A and they dropped down this year after being in the 5A district with HHS, CovCath, Scott, and Dixie. So basically the whole NKY district (outside of Holmes who moved to 4A this year from this district), only Dixie seems to remain a 5A school. So more than likely this whole district could potentially be moved to 4A next year. Just saying....
-
Best Coach in NKY
Old Guy, you and i know each other. We used to see each other and talk baseball at the Colonels games, prior to this past year. We ate BBQ together at Memphis a couple of years ago (your duaghter, my son and us). Hope your daughter is doing fine. Does she still attend school at Murray?
-
Best Coach in NKY
Old Guy, there is nothing wrong with parents choosing to pay tuition and send their children to a private school or public, for that matter, for reasons of education, faith, sports or whatever. But there is no guarantee of success in any of these areas by school choice, alone. My son is a graduate of Kenton County public schools and just finished his first year at UK with a 3.87 GPA. It all comes down to parenting, regardless of where you attend school. I let my kids know early on that anything less than their best efforts academically would result in no sports competition and severely curtailed extra-curricular activities, no exceptions. I have never had to exercise it in a major way, but have addressed it for minor infractions just to prove a point. We are fortunate in NKY that we have, for the most part, good schools. Most, if not all, high schools here offer higher level, Honors and AP courses that benefit and prepare students for college and/or life beyond HS. Given this, we certainly don't have the problems here that a lot of inner-city or extreme rural situations may face. But I am a proponent that you can get a good education most anywhere as long as you want it. But, it all goes back to the parents.
-
Top 10 teams next year?
I totally agree:thumb:
-
Luke Maile drafted by the Boston Red Sox
What certain number? Are you talking about the $100,000 figure? You quoted that, not me! What schools did I say he could be sent to? You really need to go back and read my post. Here, I'll save you the time: "Because the Mailes are not hurting for money. Mr. Maile can afford to write the check to send him to most any school he wants to attend, so $50K in that sense is nothing. He's going to college. His arm and his bat are serious, but the still has to improve his overall catching game. He's going to play against a different breed of player at UK. He's gonna see more speed and skill than he's ever played against before" Now you're running interference for the fathers of the world? I need to run and tell my kids. Bye!
-
Luke Maile drafted by the Boston Red Sox
Then why do you continue to bring it up? No one discussed personal bank accounts. Perhaps you should take your heed your own advice in your initial response to me (i.e., You should probably leave your conceptions about others' personal lives to yourself).
-
Luke Maile drafted by the Boston Red Sox
You know Magic, there was no harm intended. My comment was not derogatory or ill-conceived in any way. I know the family too. However, your remark was completely unnecessary.
-
Best Coach in NKY
:thumb: Absolutely correct. Coach Myerhoff lives and breathes baseball 365 days per year. He teaches the very same players that are going to due battle against him during the high school season. Pitchers, catchers, 1st basemen, infielders, outfielders.....he's got drills for them all.
-
Best Coach in NKY
LOL.....There's always a few who go out of district, but you can say that about the majority of schools in Northern Kentucky, public or private. But for a school with 196 boys in grades 9-12, it's safe to say they don't make a living off out-of-district kids. The ones they have are there for football anyway, so who are we kidding. Look, my kid didn't go there. I wish he had. But I wasn't going to sell my home and move all for the sake of finding a preferential place to play high school baseball. I just feel like the numbers speak for themselves.
-
Best Coach in NKY
Well, my son played 2 years for him while he was coaching the Lions and he'll tell you that he learned more baseball from him than any other coach he played for. For that matter, I'll tell you that. All Myerhoff wants is kids who want to be there and are willing to get dirty, just not go through the motions. He's direct and to the point. I don't have a problem with that.
-
Best Coach in NKY
banana slug, you appear to be reinforcing my opinion. Myerhoff does more with less. He takes football players and makes them baseball players. 2008-2009 KHSAA enrollment shows Covington Catholic to have 513 boys to 196 boys at Beechwood. The girls enrolled at Beechwood amount to 130 bringing total enrollment up to 326. Moreover, Beechwood is a public system meaning they rely more on in-district athletes. Krumps is a good coach, no doubt. But considering all the facts, Myerhoff is the best coach, hands down, IMO.