Everything posted by Texas Leaguer
-
What is the status of Scott High Coach Brad Carr?
If Carr leaves, Scott should be absolutely embarrassed for running off one of their best coaches. The guy has done alot for Scott and hasn't asked much for return. My son was an aid for Carr when he was in high school and he had nothing but nice things to say about him. He also was apart of the basketball team for a bit before focusing on Baseball but from what he told me, Carr seemed intimidating/demanding at times (occasionally even downright scary) but, like the others of mentioned, he holds the players accountable for what they do and when they do the right thing, he rewards them. The guy is a great coach and a great person and it would be a shame if he was no longer at Scott. The guy shows up at almost every Scott Athletic event to support the school whenever time allows for it. He is a great ambassador of the school and should be commended for what he has done.
-
What is the status of Scott High Coach Brad Carr?
What I mean is there are no top jobs "open" currently in the NKY area for him to take over unless a coach is fired or the position is vacated soon. Name a place currently that currently has no coach for the 2010/2011 season and is a better job than Scott right now in NKY. There isn't any currently.
-
What is the status of Scott High Coach Brad Carr?
Carr has always been loud and very vocal on the sidelines and has been that way for many years. If that is the reason why they want him removed, then it should have been done years ago. His teams constantly produce and do well. I know Carr personally and he is a great guy. He gets heated during the games but his players respond from it and do well. However, everyone has to get chewed out at some point by a coach, its a fact of life as no one is perfect. There is no issue here. Carr is there to stay so long as he wants to.
-
What is the status of Scott High Coach Brad Carr?
^I don't think it would be for a NKY job as Scott is one of the better places to be at and hardly anywhere else would be an upgrade. It would have to be a more premier job at another school out of the area or maybe as an assistant on the college level.
-
What is the status of Scott High Coach Brad Carr?
I'd rather hope its all idle talk as Scott has a great coach and I'd hate to lose him being a Scott fan.
-
Newport/Holmes Updates
Game over.
-
Holmes vs. Boone Co Updates
^post above you.
-
Holmes vs. Boone Co Updates
Horrible call on the Tech against Pittman.
-
Clark County/Scott Updates
Why so low scoring BB? Good defense, stagnant offense, slow pace to the game?
-
Scott/George Rogers Clark predictions 3/6
They played them very close early in the season. Granted GRC was missing 1 starter, that still speaks to that Scott can play with them. They will hold their own.
-
Scott 67 Bracken County 46
I remember someone telling me 2 years ago in 2008 when the regional tournament was held at Montgomery County that the 10th and 16th switched their officials. Did they just not do it this year then?
-
Scott/George Rogers Clark predictions 3/6
shhhh, my old age is getting to me!:sssh:
-
Scott 67 Bracken County 46
^They do so this is not 10th Region officials. I'm not sure who we switched with this year. I know the 9th and the 16th switched officials but I don't know who the 10th did with...
-
Scott/George Rogers Clark predictions 3/6
If Scott stays out of foul trouble, their starting line-up will give everyone in the region fits. They have a limited bench so GRC must exploit that to have a chance. Scott can go maybe 1 or 2 deep for good production from there so GRC needs to pound the ball inside and try to get the Eagles in foul trouble. If not, and the tables are reversed, Scott could very well upset GRC. The last game was a close one and I expect this to be the same. With that said, I won't make a prediction in this one as I have too much bias being a Scott fan. I respect that GRC is the best team in the region and I fully believe Scott will be ready for this game and will pull out all the stops as they have done all year. Lets go Eagles! Lets make everyone proud! Eagle Pride is County Wide.
-
George Rogers Clark / Scott updates
Odds are Scott and GRC will hook up in the Boys tournament as well. I can only hope that game is as good as this one!
-
George Rogers Clark / Scott updates
Lets go Eagles!
-
Montgomery County 62 Bracken County 33
^Why are you assuming Clark County will make the finals? They still have to play a very tough Scott squad who beat them earlier in the year if I believe... Or have they played already tonight and I'm out of the loop?
-
Scott/Bracken County predictions 3/4
Scott likes to play an up and down game, however alot of their in-district games this year have been relatively low scoring due to teams like Brossart and Campbell who like to slow the game down. If I'm Bracken, I'd follow in these footsteps and make this a low scoring game with as few possessions as possible to give ourselves the chance at winning. Having said that, Scott should win this one... Scott 67 Bracken 45
-
10th Region Draw
I believe the draw was set today at 2pm. I'm assuming it was at Mason County since that is where the tournament is going to be held. Anyone have any leads on how the draw came out? If not, post it here when it does come available. I'm a bit ancy to see the brackets:lol:. Its that time of year again!
-
Bishop Brossart / Scott updates
Scott likes to make the game fast paced but Brossart tends to want to slow it down. They are best when its up and down game...
-
Campbell County / Scott updates
I'd hope they won. I'd be shocked if Calvary actually beat them.
-
Campbell County / Scott updates
Whats with Scott? They are much better than this...
-
Completely Meaningless Top 25 Preseason Poll
Beechwood is very overrated. Too many question marks at this point and time. CovCath also lost a lot but they generally reload and contend like they always do so at this time I saw they are slightly overrated. They could crack the top 25 later as they progress. Right now I'd say Dixie is the #1 team in the 9th and should be the highest ranked from there.
-
Timmy Knipp for Mr. Basketball!
Great post:thumb:
-
Timmy Knipp for Mr. Basketball!
After compiling Elliott's schedule, I looked at their W/L record of their opponents. It came out to be 191-221. All wins and losses of teams played multiple times were only added once. Of the 16 different teams they have played this year, 10 of those teams have losing records with 5 having losing records and 1 currently at .500. To add that further, of Elliott County's 6 losses, 5 of them have come to the 5 teams that have winning records with the other coming to Logan County (11-15). These are per the KHSAA Scoreboard. I'll let you decide what to make of these when concerning the talent level that Knipp has played against.