Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

powerfootball

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by powerfootball

  1. I don't think any of the Corbin fans are too concerned with how we look, unless your talking about how we look on the field. In the past I have been very vocal about this game, and I still would like the game to be played. However, after speaking with those in the know, and knowing the kind of man Coach Jewell is I 100 percent respect his decision not to play. There is nothing we as fans can do except move on, which is what the majority of Corbin supporters have done. People have and will hang it on Coach Jewell as the reason this game isn't being played today, and sure he does have alot to do with it. But what most people don't know is what Dudley did to make it this way. Had Dudley kept his mouth shut and shown just a bit of class, Bell Co. would still be penciled in on the schedule. But, we can argue about this forever, and it will not change anything.
  2. I wonder about the state of Bell Co's program when obviously the biggest concern is for their big bad 4A school to beat up on a little 2A school. We have beaten Bell before, and would again had the series continued. This is one of the many reasons I laugh everytime Highlands comes to town and just wipes Log Mt. clean of Bobcats. If they put as much emphasis into beating Ft. Thomas, or someone actually in their own class as they did Corbin, they might actually begin to be a threat to win the 4A title.
  3. I don't think my comment warrants the massive ego comment. Call Les out if you want, but I was only wanting to continue the discussion, calm down a bit. I thought you said it didn't matter where the game was played, so I thought you didn't believe in home field advantage. I certainly believe in it. Anyone who ever played Bell Co. on Log Mt. believes it too, haha. :devil:
  4. With Fritts on the sidelines, Middlesboro had 1 less gamebreaker to key on. Watkins and Campbell carried the load, but I did feel like we didn't block well at times. We were lucky to get out of Middlesboro with a win, but I absolutley know they didn't see Corbin's best punch last friday night.
  5. So home field advantage, really isn't an advantage?
  6. It wasn't pretty but we will take it on the road. Hmmm, I thought the reason for keeping score was to determine the better team? Middlesboro caught Corbin on a bad night and missed a golden opportunity. Corbin must correct some of these mental errors if we are to be a factor in late November.
  7. Actually I'd agree with Bubba's statements, it takes time to build the right infrastructure that is necessary to have a successful program. Little League ball, elementary ball, ect....That is where the good programs get started, and it will take another 2 or 3 years before the feeder programs begin to pay off. The sky is the limit for Knox Central. They are a HUGE county with an abundance of talent. The best is yet to come for the Panthers.
  8. 09-27-2008, 02:20 PM #6 just 4 fun All State Join Date: Aug 2006 Posts: 2,375 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If LCA wins, they'll have to score 40+ pts...There defense has really struggled and I'm not sure they'll see a much better fundamentally sound, well coached team than they'll see against the Hounds...I don't see them putting that many of the board..I think Corbin will take this one....Corbin 42 LCA 34 I kept thinking all week about this post by just 4 fun in the predictions thread. Looks like he got this one almost right on! Corbin remains to be a tough place for Lexington teams to win. Not sure why, but we have had uncanny success in recent years in knocking off our northern counterparts. As for LCA, they will have a say in who wins the 1A crown. I'm not sure Corbin will see another O with that many weapons. Keep your chin up men, win or lose, this game will serve you well in the playoffs, where it really counts. I certainly wish Paul Rains and his CLASS LCA program the very best, including a 1 A state crown at seasons end!!!
  9. Congrats Colonels!! I am happy for Coach Black, he deserves a good season. Seasons past have not been reflective of his work ethic and desire to win!
  10. Caleb Watkins is a big time athlete, period. Any more word on the extent of Fritts knee injury??
  11. Larkey and his way of doing things is gone, and you have alot of new things going on at Rock, and it will take a little while for the new staff to get on their feet. I definitely do not think its a matter of coaching. If you'll remember, The Rock was "off" a little from their usual selves in Larkey's last year. Be patient and good things will come.
  12. Traditonally, Lexington schools have had a very tough time coming to Campbell Field and winning. See Henry Clay, Lex Cath (Which most LexCath fans will tell you was one of the most physical games they've witnessed) and more recently Bryan Station, and PLD. LCA may have the horses to out race Corbin, especially if Fritts is down, but the margin will not be 21, unless its in Corbin's favor.
  13. Lance has the ability to throw down the ball down the field. I think a game where he could get alot of reps would help him gain confidence to fire his cannon later on this season. With just a little confidence he can be the gamebreaker as teams have to focus on stopping the Redhound ground attack. I think Corbin wins this game, but Knott Co. will be improved over last year.
  14. I agree that Corbin and Bell should be played. Corbin has proven over the years they can compete with the 4A's like Bell, ( I believe Corbin has leads in the series) and this year would have been no exception. It was THE premier football game in South East Ky. each fall. In the beginning, I felt that way too about the respect thing, but you have to understand a few people within the program made the decision. Most of the community would like to see a Corbin/ Bell matchup. So I think its a bit unfair to degrade the program over what has happened in the last 2 years. But, someone who has the authority decided not to play, for whatever reason, and as fans we have to trust that decision, and Corbin fans have to move on with life. Like it or not, we're very much in the hunt for the 2A crown this year, which is a much bigger prize than the winning game ball after a Bell County game.
  15. South has a much better team than I had anticipated. Congrats to the Hounds on a tough win!!
  16. Good win for the Redhounds!
  17. I'm going to say Corbin 35 SL 14.
  18. This is just another reason why dropping Bell Co. was a bad decision....IMO. Corbin has no business playing a team who can barely field a team. Hopefully we will learn from this and move on.
  19. We all know Bell doesn't commit penalties on Log Mt....... :D:D:D
  20. Thomas, You are right that WC is going to be fine. Losing to Bell is something that will happen if you play them alot. But, I watched Dunbar over at Corbin friday, and I wouldn't hang a notch in my teams hat for defeating a team that defeated Dunbar. That program has truly fallen on hard times. They aren't the powerful Dunbar we're used to seeing ..... Mboro had them down 27 at the half. That being said, good luck to WC the remainder of the season. Maybe this will be their only mark in the L column.
  21. Central is big and and pretty physical. Had they taken care of the ball this could have been a much closer contest. They had no awnser for Fritts and Watkins, busted off big runs over and over. Congrats Corbin on defeating a up and coming 4A school. The future at KC is bright, as Coach Mills is making strides with developing his team, at least as I see it.
  22. Was I ever wrong about this one. I thought Whitley Co. was back, but it looks like its the same old same. Congrats Bell on yet another domination.
  23. Whitley overcame the Bell County obstacle in the 7 or so years ago, but those wins didn't take the program to new heights, as Whitley has encountered some tough times since then. A win next friday could propel the Colonels to have a much better season than they anticipated. To be competitive in 5A ball, they will have to learn to beat teams such as Bell. I have alot of respect for Coach Black, and I wish him luck with this one. While Bell County should win this game, I wouldn't be shocked if it was close, or Whitley won. For predictions sake, I will say Bell by 14. But here is the warning, this one could be the upset special, unless I am competley wrong about the Colonels this year.
  24. I would have done it this way: 10. Hazard 9. Whitley Co. 8. Corbin 7. Letcher Co. Central 6. Rockcastle 5. Prestonsburg 4. Breathitt County 3. Bell County 2. Johnson Central 1. Belfry ( Until a mountain team knocks them off, they are king of the hill, IMO)
  25. You are correct about the Gooseggs. In defense of the situation, Belfry's varsity D did that to everyone except Louisville Central in the state finals, and If I remember correctly, that year at Danville Cashen got hurt and it limited our options offensively for that game. Who were we playing that day? I know it wasn't Danville, maybe Southwestern Pulaski? Year in and year out, I am more concerned about our defense being able to stall out drives, than I am our offense scoring enough to win. Just my observation...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.