Whitley Co. 48 Perry Co. Central 7

Whitley

Perry Central's starting qb was out in this game, Colonels had over 300 yards of offense . Perry Central had 11 yards when I left late in 4th quarter.Whitley is in drivers seat for district crown.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Whitley dominated. They had a little lapse in the 2nd quarter but other than that they controlled the game. A lot of kids had big games. They really were aggressive on both sides of the ball and had numerous big hits tonight. Coach Black has got his kids believing that they can play. You could see the kids confidence grow as the game progressed.

I thought that Whitley set the tone early and never let Perry think that they could get back in the game. Play calling for Whitley was good, Perry thought that if you stopped the fullback (which they didn't) you stop Whitley game over, I think that they found Whitley still have several other weapons besides the fullback.

Congrats to the Colonels, forget this one, get ready to move on to the next one.

Whitley caught a break when the Amis kid did not play but I don't think it would have changed the outcome. Whitley was too physical for PCC, they out hit them all night and by the end of the game, PCC looked like they were worn down.

I was looking back at the prediction thread and was wondering about the PCC take on the game. Nobody seems to be here.