13th Region Pairings

This year from start to finish, it has been pretty much South's title to lose and rightfully so. However there are always a darkhorse that could win in a win or go home tournament. One bad game could end it for any of the 8 teams.

Lately, we've heard talk of Corbin and South with the rivalry and you never can tell with those so the Hounds are a canidate.

Barbourville has also been a highly ranked 13th region team. I see their lack of depth hurting them but with no foul trouble and the proper strategy, they have a good enough starting 5 to make a run.

Clay County hosts the tournament and that has always been a tough place to get a win, especially in March.

North Laurel is a good pick for people in my mind. They don't have the good record that their talent normally would have but they have legit excuses. They have played one of the toughest schedules in the state of Kentucky bar none. The losses are never good but the competition will help them be prepared.

I don't see Lynn Camp being a threat but never say never.

Finally my two darkhorses have been the most overlooked this year. Both teams from the 52nd district are tough as nails. For whatever reason, they have been underrated all year long.I guarentee that nobody wants to draw Bell or Cawood in round 1. Those two are my co darkhorses for this years tournament. This isn't a prediction but if an unexpected team wins it, I see it being one of these two.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No darkhorse in this region, just LONGSHOTS. If Corbin can't beat SL at home, they aren't going to do it in the region. I say SL breezes through the region. They will win the title game by at least 20.

The entire season must have seemed like practice for SL. Returning State Champs in an easy region, all they have been thinking of is returning to Rupp. Who can blame them. IMHO they are still the odds on favorite to win the title. I

I'd have to say there are no dark horses in this region, simply because there is so much parity among 2-8, not to mention its a long shot for anyone to beat SL.

If there was a dark horse (and it would be a dark horse to make it to the finals, not to win it) then it'd be Cawood.

Lynn Camp has no chance IMO and Bell Co. really isnt a dark horse considering the streak they have been on as of late. Corbin, Clay, and NL are all going to be in the thick. Barbourville has had the hype all season.

If any team could be clarified as a dark horse I'd say Cawood.

No darkhorse in this region, just LONGSHOTS. If Corbin can't beat SL at home, they aren't going to do it in the region. I say SL breezes through the region. They will win the title game by at least 20.

The entire season must have seemed like practice for SL. Returning State Champs in an easy region, all they have been thinking of is returning to Rupp. Who can blame them. IMHO they are still the odds on favorite to win the title. I

Totally agree.

ukbell14 have you kissed Coach Wright's championship ring or what.....lol

What is that supposed to mean??? I havent even mentioned Wright in this thread.

I am not the only person who thinks SL is the clear cut favorite to win this region, with every other team having little to no chance of beating them.

As far as Coach Wright goes, I have the utmost respect for the man. He is as great a person as he is a coach. He is a Christian man who practices what he preaches. I recognize talent when I see it, and Coach Wright is the best coach in the region, hands down. To do what he has done with a "bunch of non athletic East KY boys" is pretty impressive.

I am not the only person who thinks SL is the clear cut favorite to win this region, with every other team having little to no chance of beating them.

As far as Coach Wright goes, I have the utmost respect for the man. He is as great a person as he is a coach. He is a Christian man who practices what he preaches. I recognize talent when I see it, and Coach Wright is the best coach in the region, hands down. To do what he has done with a "bunch of non athletic East KY boys" is pretty impressive.

Ah, we use to beat Wright all the time....use to is the word....he is a great coach with great players................I hate to say that..............if they have an off night shooting they are done, hey thats a big if...........but watch and see it will happen!:ylsuper:

Ah, we use to beat Wright all the time....use to is the word....he is a great coach with great players................I hate to say that..............if they have an off night shooting they are done, hey thats a big if...........but watch and see it will happen!:ylsuper:

Hey........South a bunch of good guys but even if i was born in the South........the Hounds the only true Champions.......:cool: yep I have the big Red glasses on! Always!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Yeah, but good defense doesn't run hot or cold.

Hey, Id say every coach is christian and they practice what they preach......Wright's talent came at the right time........If Hicks was in the game, wright would be second best lol but be that it may, Coach P is gonna be da man!:laugh:

Hey, Id say every coach is christian and they practice what they preach......Wright's talent came at the right time........If Hicks was in the game, wright would be second best lol but be that it may, Coach P is gonna be da man!:laugh:

You guys laugh, but I don't think you give Coach P enough credit. Some of your Redhound faithful talk about him the way the 18-percenters talk about Tubby. I've seen what he has to work with, and for Corbin to get to the Sweet 16 last year was a minor miracle, and for them to be considered by some (me included, now) the 2nd-best team in the region is also pretty impressive. Nothing against the rest of the Corbin kids, but outside of Crawford, there's not much there. And despite that, I would still tab the Redhounds as the most likely candidate to knock off SL.

You guys laugh, but I don't think you give Coach P enough credit. Some of your Redhound faithful talk about him the way the 18-percenters talk about Tubby. I've seen what he has to work with, and for Corbin to get to the Sweet 16 last year was a minor miracle, and for them to be considered by some (me included, now) the 2nd-best team in the region is also pretty impressive. Nothing against the rest of the Corbin kids, but outside of Crawford, there's not much there. And despite that, I would still tab the Redhounds as the most likely candidate to knock off SL.

Hey, I agree..........I think coach P is great......so is Tubster..........I never give up on my team.........I was there screaming for the Hounds like the ole manager I use to be lol down 30 ..whatever....Im there, my buds in london give me crap......No biggy! I give south credit but :madman: :D

Hey, I agree..........I think coach P is great......so is Tubster..........I never give up on my team.........I was there screaming for the Hounds like the ole manager I use to be lol down 30 ..whatever....Im there, my buds in london give me crap......No biggy! I give south credit but :madman: :D

You, sir, are to be commended! :thumb:

Arent you the one who predicted it would happen in the district tourney as well! :D

I think SL had a pretty "off shooting night" the second timed they played Corbin this year, at Corbin, yet they won by 17. It will take more then a "off" night by SL for any 13th region team to beat them. It will take the combination of SL being off, and the opposing team playing their best ON game ever!!!

Far from Nastrodamus you are!