Kentucky 69 Texas A&M 60

16thBBall Fan

Great ball movement at times. First 10 mins was almost perfection.

Hagans has gotta do something about his turnovers, man it is bad at times.

EJ had a lot of good fight tonight.

Richard's did well playing out of the constantly double team and not forcing things for himself.

Juzang...not a good game.

Great ball movement at times. First 10 mins was almost perfection.

Hagans has gotta do something about his turnovers, man it is bad at times.

EJ had a lot of good fight tonight.

Richard's did well playing out of the constantly double team and not forcing things for himself.

Juzang...not a good game.

I'm not sure what Coach Cal was trying early on with his bench but it did not go over well. Going up by 10, something like 24-14 he put Juzang, Brooks and Sestina in, all relatively cold. Just seemed like he was wanting to get them minutes or experiment and it looked ugly as a result. That in turn resulted in those 3 all being relatively out of sync the rest of the game.

Richards did ok, all things considered but I feel like he got in his own head a little bit tonight.

As for Hagan's turnovers. I really don't know what the solution is. Does he need to come off the bench for a game or two?

Richards did ok, all things considered but I feel like he got in his own head a little bit tonight.

Nemo was playing so damn physical on the offensive end, I wonder if it made Richard's a little timid. But, they literally doubled him almost everytime he touched the ball and he did a great job kicking opposite, to move the defense.

I'm not sure what Coach Cal was trying early on with his bench but it did not go over well. Going up by 10, something like 24-14 he put Juzang, Brooks and Sestina in, all relatively cold. Just seemed like he was wanting to get them minutes or experiment and it looked ugly as a result. That in turn resulted in those 3 all being relatively out of sync the rest of the game.

I don't have Cal's typical substitute pattern memorized but he sure let the starters go a little longer than usual without a sub. Guessing they started out so well, he was just letting them roll. Threw things off a little.

Juzang, Sestina and Brook all on the court at once, is a little rough.

As for Hagan's turnovers. I really don't know what the solution is. Does he need to come off the bench for a game or two?

I don't have Cal's typical substitute pattern memorized but he sure let the starters go a little longer than usual without a sub. Guessing they started out so well, he was just letting them roll. Threw things off a little.

Juzang, Sestina and Brook all on the court at once, is a little rough.

He kept the starters in until the under 12 timeout. Which is a very long stretch. So I assume that is why he needed to sub them three in all at once, because he needed to give guys a break.

He kept the starters in until the under 12 timeout. Which is a very long stretch. So I assume that is why he needed to sub them three in all at once, because he needed to give guys a break.

Yeah he did. He kept them in until about 10:30 left in the first half, I believe. They were rolling. But those three on the floor at once is a little rough.

I had to rag on a guy that transferred from the program, but this team sure seems to have a heckuva lot better ball movement and defensive rotations as of late. Part of that is just natural progression but I wonder if there is any correlation to not having a previous piece to the puzzle. Still plenty of room for improvement but I personally feel like their best stretches are looking a lot better lately.

He's on some kind of a run right now. Crazy that he had so many wide open looks last night.

I couldn't believe that Buzz Williams kept using that 3 quarter press. Kentucky was easily breaking it and getting wide open looks for our best shooter. But then they eventually quit attacking it.

Also, Kentucky players seem to be passing down decent looks or decent opportunities to drive to get the ball, to get it to our best shooter for a great look. You love to see that. Seems like it's been a point of emphasis in practice.

Plus, the confidence that Quickley is playing with, awesome.

Also, Kentucky players seem to be passing down decent looks or decent opportunities to drive to get the ball to our best shooter for a great look. You love to see that. Seems like it's been a point of emphasis in practice.

Agreed. Patience and ball movement have been pretty solid lately.

I had to rag on a guy that transferred from the program, but this team sure seems to have a heckuva lot better ball movement and defensive rotations as of late. Part of that is just natural progression but I wonder if there is any correlation to not having a previous piece to the puzzle. Still plenty of room for improvement but I personally feel like their best stretches are looking a lot better lately.

I think it is similar to when Green left last year. It made it easier for guys to buy in to their define roles, and truly get more of a rhythm and set substitution pattern for the most part.