Owensboro 20 Bowling Green 0 (Frosh)

ApolloFan98

Owensboro got a big 20-0 win over Bowling Green at Rash Stadium tonight. The Red Devils used a balanced offensive attack with two touchdown runs from Jeremiah Goodwin and one touchdown run from Khalil Rodgers. Defensively, the Red Devils were stout tonight. DE Kyle Sturgeon had a great game with 3 big sacks, and OLB Zach Clark finished with 4 pass breakups, 6 tackles, and an interception at the goal line to preserve the shutout. DE Sahvon Hines also had a productive night with one FF, 2 sacks, and 5 tackles.

OHS QB Kasey Boone also returned from injury to have a solid night distributing the ball. The offensive line for the Devils paved the way for Goodwin to have over 150 yards on the ground. The freshman Devils have only lost 1 game in their entire career (to Castle this season) and look to finish out 2019 with a win at Henderson County next week.

Bowling Green did threaten to score twice, once before halftime and once in the 4th quarter. The Purples have a nice offense, but I don't understand why they don't use Christian Conyer on the offensive side of the ball. Kid is a very nice athlete. Davis Fant also had a nice game for the Purples on both sides of the ball. The QB (Kibawa?) is also a nice athlete with a solid arm.

All in all, it was a very good win for the Devils. I expect these two teams will continue to battle over the next 3 years.

Owensboro got a big 20-0 win over Bowling Green at Rash Stadium tonight. The Red Devils used a balanced offensive attack with two touchdown runs from Jeremiah Goodwin and one touchdown run from Khalil Rodgers. Defensively, the Red Devils were stout tonight. DE Kyle Sturgeon had a great game with 3 big sacks, and OLB Zach Clark finished with 4 pass breakups, 6 tackles, and an interception at the goal line to preserve the shutout. DE Sahvon Hines also had a productive night with one FF, 2 sacks, and 5 tackles.

OHS QB Kasey Boone also returned from injury to have a solid night distributing the ball. The offensive line for the Devils paved the way for Goodwin to have over 150 yards on the ground. The freshman Devils have only lost 1 game in their entire career (to Castle this season) and look to finish out 2019 with a win at Henderson County next week.

Bowling Green did threaten to score twice, once before halftime and once in the 4th quarter. The Purples have a nice offense, but I don't understand why they don't use Christian Conyer on the offensive side of the ball. Kid is a very nice athlete. Davis Fant also had a nice game for the Purples on both sides of the ball. The QB (Kibawa?) is also a nice athlete with a solid arm.

All in all, it was a very good win for the Devils. I expect these two teams will continue to battle over the next 3 years.

Thanks for the in-depth report! I think this is BG Frosh's first loss. I have heard good things about O's Freshman. Congrats to them.

From the BG side, I heard that a fake punt in the first half continued the first O scoring drive and then in the second quarter on 4th and long in BG territory, O passed and BG defender had a chance to make a play on the ball and didn't allowing O to score on the next play. Woulda, coulda, shoulda for the Purples.

But these are the games they are supposed to be playing. As for playing each other the next 3 years, I certainly hope so, but if this season is the track record for the next 3 I don't see BG playing O except JV and Frosh ball. I don't like that because I love this rivalry, but that's what I see. Yes, they could possibly play in the 3rd round on happen chance, but it's not more than 50% likely IMO.

Again, thanks very much for reporting and congrats to the Red Devils!

Oh and as long as not playing the Purples I pull for O over most other teams. As I can see a scenario in the varsity playoffs this year where BG and O both win in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and then would have to go on the road to the "best" 2 teams in 5A; would be interesting for sure!