FC Cincinnati - New Soccer Stadium

I figured I would give the new West End Stadium its own thread, since the previous thread (Does Cincinnati have $100M to spend on ANOTHER stadium?) was a little more about all of the details leading up to deciding on whether or not to actually move forward with the stadium.

Here are the new renderings for the stadium, released today.

D_nFAIXWsAAd80v.jpg

If it wasn't for the apartments across the street, I'd be able to see the site from the lunchroom window at my office.

It's an interesting development for the area as heavy investment moves West out of OTR where it had previously been mostly just North and East. Stadiums generally don't drive massive outside investment on their own and we'll just have to see. As the area where Walnut Hills spills down toward the city has been the latest local project, I'll be interested to see if the money follows the stadium or stays away from there while the areas north of Liberty Street and headed up to the Hills remain ripe for new money.

I like the stadium design...but self-applying the title of "The Jewel of the Queen City's Crown" is pretty ridiculous, considering Cincinnati has one of the finest examples of art deco architecture in the world just across Queensgate at Union Terminal. There's also Cincinnati Music Hall, City Hall, and even the PNC Tower that I'd rate above the design.

I like the stadium design...but self-applying the title of "The Jewel of the Queen City's Crown" is pretty ridiculous, considering Cincinnati has one of the finest examples of art deco architecture in the world just across Queensgate at Union Terminal. There's also Cincinnati Music Hall, City Hall, and even the PNC Tower that I'd rate above the design.

I mean, it's cool, but it's not earth shattering. It looks similar to most current soccer stadium construction. It bears a striking resemblance to Allianz Field in Minnesota.

I mean, it's cool, but it's not earth shattering. It looks similar to most current soccer stadium construction. It bears a striking resemblance to Allianz Field in Minnesota.

I was gonna say... I feel like most soccer specific stadiums don't look all that different. :lol2:

• 1 year later...