Corbin 61 South Laurel 53 (50th District Finals)

Final last night from Gilliam Gym in Corbin. Really good basketball game. Pretty close throughout. Corbin's biggest lead was nine in the fourth but South cut it to 2 at 55-53 late. Corbin scored the last six points for the final margin of victory.

Both teams played very well. J.J. Ramey was exquisite. I only remember two shots of his hitting anything other then nylon. Ripped everything with Corbin defenders draped all over him. Without J.J.'s performance, this would have been a 20-point game in Corbin's favor. Everytime Corbin got a little distance between themselves and the Cards, J.J. would rip a couple of contested threes. What a treat it is to watch that kid!!!

Corbin moved the ball much better in this one than in recent games. Taylor shared the ball and trusted his teammates more and they responded. Chase Sanders and Taylor Stewart both had really nice games and whenever Corbin needed a basket, Mr. Basketball candidate Taylor took it to the hole for a deuce.

Both teams played terrific defense. Corbin did a really nice job on Cromer, who was pretty much held in check. The Hounds played their best game since dismantling Knox Central in mid-January. The Hounds are now 22-7 on the season.

South Laurel, with Mr. Ramey, Cromer, and Anders will be a very, very tough opponent for whichever district champion they draw in the regional tournament.

Agree South is a very good team and well coached. We played them and it was a good game

I've seen one South Laurel game this year so I'm probably not the best person to comment and if this is wrong then I apologize.

However, it seemed like South Laurel was content to try to let their guards beat their defender to the basket but Corbin was too quick and too physical and made it really tough. They never ran anything for Ramey and every shot he took (and made) was self-generated. And the coach spent the entire night just wearing out the referees when it seemed to the casual viewer with no rooting interest that it was a well-called game. Corbin was the better team and deserved to win but I think South's game plan left something to be desired.

With that said, Ramey is an incredible player. I thought Sanders and Stewart were very good for Corbin. This was the first time I've seen Taylor play and he didn't really wow me, but after reading some complaints on BGP over the last month, I thought the Redhounds did play very well as a team.

I've seen one South Laurel game this year so I'm probably not the best person to comment and if this is wrong then I apologize.

However, it seemed like South Laurel was content to try to let their guards beat their defender to the basket but Corbin was too quick and too physical and made it really tough. They never ran anything for Ramey and every shot he took (and made) was self-generated. And the coach spent the entire night just wearing out the referees when it seemed to the casual viewer with no rooting interest that it was a well-called game. Corbin was the better team and deserved to win but I think South's game plan left something to be desired.

Really good analysis... Spot on. J.J. had to work way too hard to get his shots. Most everything he took was with defenders in his face. To his credit , he made most every shot he took but he shouldn't have had to generate everyone of his attempts himself.

With that said, Ramey is an incredible player. I thought Sanders and Stewart were very good for Corbin. This was the first time I've seen Taylor play and he didn't really wow me, but after reading some complaints on BGP over the last month, I thought the Redhounds did play very well as a team.

Sanders had his best game in over a month. Stewart was his steady self. Good shooter, very quick getting to the hole. Taylor trusted his teammates for the first time in a month. Instead of overshooting and getting 40, he distributed more, settled for 20, and the team was better as a result.

Sanders had his best game in over a month. Stewart was his steady self. Good shooter, very quick getting to the hole. Taylor trusted his teammates for the first time in a month. Instead of overshooting and getting 40, he distributed more, settled for 20, and the team was better as a result.

Do you think Taylor is piping the shots down due to the Mr. Basketball voting being done at this time. Seemed like he was out to prove something after the incident

Do you think Taylor is piping the shots down due to the Mr. Basketball voting being done at this time. Seemed like he was out to prove something after the incident

Don't know. My guess is, the coach says it's tourney time and we have to play as a team to win. If Corbin is going to get to Rupp, Taylor has to trust his teammates and distribute the ball to them. Sanders and Stewart are very capable amigos .