Rowan County 64 Wayne County 47

Congrats to Rowan again! Goldie - clear your PM box! :lol:

Wondered why you hadn't replied......LOL Cleared.

I know my brother and his family are thrilled that Rowan Co won, they live in Morehead and my sister-in-law teaches in the Rowan Co system.

Wayne County picked a bad time to have their worst shooting night of the year. They got the same looks tonight that they have gotten all season except tonight the shots didn't fall. I think Dunagan and Shearer combined for 11 points and if that happens Wayne will lose. I am proud of my 12th region brethren. Great group of seniors who finally made it to Rupp. Congratulations Cardinals. You guys had a great season.

Wayne County picked a bad time to have their worst shooting night of the year. They got the same looks tonight that they have gotten all season except tonight the shots didn't fall. I think Dunagan and Shearer combined for 11 points and if that happens Wayne will lose. I am proud of my 12th region brethren. Great group of seniors who finally made it to Rupp. Congratulations Cardinals. You guys had a great season.

Well said PP. The first round win marked Wayne County's first state tournament victory since beating Bryan Station on Saturday morning in 1989. The Cardinals had went out in the first round five consecutive times. I have no idea when the last time was that the 12th Region won their state tournament opener three years in a row.

Sometimes when a team has a very bad shooting night, the opposing defense has a part in it.

No doubt. And Rowan County is very solid. With Thacker having spent so much time at Somerset playing Wayne County and Rodney Woods I'm sure he had a pretty good game plan for Wayne's offense. The Vikings have a solid shot at playing on Saturday night.

Congrats to the Vikings! They pride themselves on their defense, and it sounds like this one was no exception.

Sometimes when a team has a very bad shooting night, the opposing defense has a part in it.

True, but like I said they were missing the same looks that they were getting all year. Wide open 3's...Shearer's jumper was off both nights at Rupp. Wayne has a very deliberate offense and while I give Rowan County credit Wayne flat out couldn't shoot the rock and I think anyone who was at the game would say the same thing.

What a classy post.