Newport Central Catholic 63 - St Henry 33

Panda great pictures once again I think picture # 37 & #42 show how long the night was for the Cru and probably the season in general. Next few years the Cru will bounce back as they were able to get some younger players some playing time.

Newport Central Catholic 63, St. Henry 33: The Thoroughbreds (26-6) breezed to an 18-3 first-quarter lead and led by 17 at halftime in Wednesday's second game.

Brady Hightchew led NewCath with 18 points and Jake Giesler added 16 points and 15 rebounds. Andy Miller scored 11 points for the 'Breds, who have won eight games in a row and 11 of their past 12.

Zach Barnett led the Crusaders (5-18) with nine points.

St. Henry (5-18): Barnett 2 4 9, McLaughlin 2 1 6, Kuebbing 3 0 6, Patula 2 0 4, Beeghly 1 0 2, Schwarte 1 0 2, Meiman 1 0 2, Dedden 0 1 1, Hils 0 1 1. Totals 12 7 33.

Newport Central Catholic (25-6): Hightchew 7 4 18, Giesler 6 4 16, Miller 5 0 11, Doyle 2 0 5, Bueter 1 0 3, Dupont 1 0 2, Seibert 1 0 2, Devoto 1 0 2, Grosser 1 0 2, Schulte 0 2 2. Totals 25 10 63.

[chart]

|St. Henry| 3| 11| 5| 14|-33|

|NewCath| 18| 13| 16| 16|-63|

[end chart]

3-pointers: S 2 (McLaughlin, Barnett). N 3 (Bueter, Miller, Doyle).

It looked like a NewCath palyer was hurt and didn't play. I can't remember his name. Is he out for the rest of the year? If I remember correctly, he played significant minutes. How will that impact the next game?

Zach Ryan, their sharp shooter, tore up his ankle in the Highlands game. I think he sees a Dr. today. Doubtful he will be back this year. That loss could hurt NCC since they are not that deep. Though streaky at times he is a legit 3 point shooter and a big part of their game plan.

Coach Brannen said in his pre-game comments that he is more than likely done for the year. Hope it's nothing too bad.

That would be a big blow for NCC. It looks like others will need to pick up his scoring.

From checking the box score, it looks as though Jr. Andy Miller had a nice game with 11 points (and 10 rebounds). I believe they both shared the same position. It looked from the stands like Miller was the stronger, screen setter, rebounder and Ryan was the scorer between the two. Hopefully, Miller can continue to expand his scoring numbers to go along with his other attributes he brings to the team.

Go Breds and good luck against Ryle!!