Anderson County 75 Oldham County 50

This margin of this game was in the 30-35 point range, heading to 40 until Oldham started pressing against Anderson's third string late in the 4th quarter.

Sounds like a very classy move by Oldham. :/ Wonder if Anderson will sit the starters next time..

Sounds like a very classy move by Oldham. :/ Wonder if Anderson will sit the starters next time..

Im pretty sure had this NOT been in the regional tournament Anderson would have elected to bring the starters back. I know you have to be frustrated when you don't perform, but pressing 7th and 8th grade third stringers when the game is over with your varsity starters is a total classless move. What about the kids on the end of Oldhams bench?? Wouldn't they have enjoyed getting into a regional tournament game too?

Im pretty sure had this NOT been in the regional tournament Anderson would have elected to bring the starters back. I know you have to be frustrated when you don't perform, but pressing 7th and 8th grade third stringers when the game is over with your varsity starters is a total classless move. What about the kids on the end of Oldhams bench?? Wouldn't they have enjoyed getting into a regional tournament game too?

I was at a game last year where Coach Mullins had to be told by an athletic director with just minutes to go in a game in which they were up by 20+ points to quit the full court press with his starters. Sounds like he didn't learn his lesson. I guess that you can't teach "class."

Anderson is so young. I just wonder how much they will improve over the next couple of years. They are pretty good right now.
You pose a great question, Mr. A. Unlike boys, sometimes some girls play their best basketball at a younger age, however with such a roster full of youngsters, maybe the odds of attrition will work in their favor. Time will tell the tale.

What is your honest opinion as to how this year's team compares with last year's team - better, worse, the same? Last year they were a bit of a surprise region champion - in my opinion a very good and worthy team but still an unexpected champion - while this year's pre-season expectations have not allowed them to be below the radar and sneak up anyone.

I think Anderson has alot of upside potential though girls can get reach thier potential at around 10th grade unless they work hard at their game. Anderson will learn how to play aganist the top teams by adjusting to defenses quicker etc. Also they can get pushed around by older girls just because they are not real strong yet. They will improve tremendously if for this reason alone. Also the guards get into a little trouble because they are young, but they have alot of "basketball sense". They will get stronger, being able to drive and dish out to a good shooting group. The girls are competitors and they seem to rise to the occassion when its on the line. So i think the future is extremely bright at AC.

I think Anderson may be a bit better this year than last, giving them creedit for the experience they have. I give Tony a lot of credit for playing a brutal schedule with a young team. The kids will get stronger as mentionioned above and that will help. They do understand the game. When kids get a driver's license sometimes their priorities change if you know what I mean. This may not be the case with the group Anderson has however.

Granted I have seen Anderson only a hanful of times this year and last year, but from what I have seen I do think they are better this year. Seems like they already have things figured out. I still think they will be cutting the nets down in Warsaw this year. You are right though Mr. A sometimes girls are better when they are younger than when they get older for various reasons. i think it depends on the individual kid IMO.