Conner/Campbell Co J.V.

cats5262

Campbell Co. draws first blood in this rematch and goes up 6 -0 after the extra point is blocked.

Cougars O takes a little bit to get on track partly due to the Camels showing a gutsy first half of defense.

QB Samad for Conner scattered the ball around to several receivers Gill, Bowden, with receiving touchdowns and Champ scored 2 rushing TDs as the O gets 5 touchdowns today. (I am leaving someone out, can't remember sorry)

The Defense had a forced fumble recovery, 2 interceptions (Barb 1) and Culp (1). JT races 70+ yards on a tipped pass and some great blocking along the way to a final cut back inside for the score.

Final Score Conner Cougars 39 Campbell Co. 6

Campbell Co. draws first blood in this rematch and goes up 6 -0 after the extra point is blocked.

Cougars O takes a little bit to get on track partly due to the Camels showing a gutsy first half of defense.

QB Samad for Conner scattered the ball around to several receivers Gill, Bowden, with receiving touchdowns and Champ scored 2 rushing TDs as the O gets 5 touchdowns today. (I am leaving someone out, can't remember sorry)

The Defense had a forced fumble recovery, 2 interceptions (Barb 1) and Culp (1). JT races 70+ yards on a tipped pass and some great blocking along the way to a final cut back inside for the score.

Final Score Conner Cougars 39 Campbell Co. 6

There were actually 3 interceptions. #15 Josh Foree made one near the campbell co endzone and was tripped up by his teammate Culp. He kept the ball though.

Something to keep in mind for this game. The Camels also did not have their starting JV QB as he (Andrew Eshman) played the majority of the game on Friday night. Also, his back up did not dress so the #2 QB (David Jenkins) for the freshman team was the QB for the JV game.

Does this signal a change at the varsity helm for the Camels?

Something to keep in mind for this game. The Camels also did not have their starting JV QB as he (Andrew Eshman) played the majority of the game on Friday night. Also, his back up did not dress so the #2 QB (David Jenkins) for the freshman team was the QB for the JV game.

Why wouldn't the #1 freshman quarterback get the JV start?

Barb and Culp are both seniiors - actually have 6-8 seniors starting JV this season with so many sophs starting varsity - kind of a role reversal......

JV team needs to put some meat on the bones of its players to be competitive in the future

There are only two seniors playing JV due to their very limited Varsity roles.....the rest of the 6-8 seniors you mentioned as playing JV is just not true....they declined to play JV..... I guess they would rather sit then play down....

The Conner Varsity does indeed have a bunch of underclassmen talent. The JV still has good talent.

There were actually 3 interceptions. #15 Josh Foree made one near the campbell co endzone and was tripped up by his teammate Culp. He kept the ball though.

Good call..Cats5262..... thank you......I forgot about that one....

.too many highlights.... too little memory....

there is another touchdown and I couldnt remember who had that one.....