LaSalle, OH 55 Henry Clay 26

Kendall Owens had about 300 yards rushing and 4TD's. Also I'm saying it right now, when Aaron Boyd wants to be he is the best WR in the state. LaSalle could not stop him, not even Devier Posey. Also if Kendall Owens played for St. Xavier or Colerain he would be on every scout in the nation's radar.

LaSalle would have won by 60 if Aaron Boyd didn't play for Henry Clay. He had TD catches of 72 and 62 yards. Chandler Burden(LaSalle) had 2 sacks and was unblockable. J.K. Schaeffer a LaSalle LB literally knocked two HC guys out of the game. The LaSalle OL MANHANDLED Henry Clay. The drove the DL at least 4 yards off the ball. Devier Posey did not start on D, but played a lot especially in the 2nd and 3rd. LaSalle had no answer for Boyd he dominated #8 Cole, and Posey, neither was quick enough or tall enough to man up on Boyd.

other Observations: Henry Clay needs to do a couple tackling drills, they missed tackles all night long. Kendall Owens is the best HS running back I have seen since I played against Eric Shelton, Owens is not as big, but has excellent speed and the best vision I have ever seen in an HS running back.

Nigel Wells played a very admirable game for HC he totally neutralized big #73 for LaSalle.

Dontey Gay and Tyler Hooker were both hurt tonight, and I am not sure of the severity. Basically outside of Pass D LaSalle dominated.

Henry Clay had at least 25 more dressed guys tonight, but LaSalle was in much better shape, and it was noticeable. Also Henry Clay is very small on the DL. The punter for HC is also not very good. The kicker for LaSalle was excellent.

An honest assesment of Henry Clay tells me that they are good, but are no threat to Trinity(They also could get knocked off by Scott Co., or Mad. Central if those guys come to play.(3rd round). The don't play any D, and the dropoff between the 1's and 2's is very noticeable.

In comparing them to Lafayette they are better but only slightly.

The GCL South has to be one of the premere leagues in the country. I think alot of people outside the Greater Cincinnati area can't comprehend the level competition and just the sheer quality and tradition they have. LaSalle has been the weakest football program traditionally in the league. Trinity and St. X Louisville might be able to win a game or two in good years, but the week in and week out competition of the GCL South is a meatgrinder. Then throw in that most of those schools play the Colerain/Princeton/Lakota's, every year, and they always get those schools best shot since it's so prestigious to beat Elder, Moeller, St. X, LaSalle. Most of the GCL schools have to schedule the perennial Northeast Ohio powers since many schools will not schedule them. It will be interesting to see if the larger Louisville & lexington 6A schools will continue to play them.

The GCL South has to be one of the premere leagues in the country. I think alot of people outside the Greater Cincinnati area can't comprehend the level competition and just the sheer quality and tradition they have. LaSalle has been the weakest football program traditionally in the league. Trinity and St. X Louisville might be able to win a game or two in good years, but the week in and week out competition of the GCL South is a meatgrinder. Then throw in that most of those schools play the Colerain/Princeton/Lakota's, every year, and they always get those schools best shot since it's so prestigious to beat Elder, Moeller, St. X, LaSalle. Most of the GCL schools have to schedule the perennial Northeast Ohio powers since many schools will not schedule them. It will be interesting to see if the larger Louisville & lexington 6A schools will continue to play them.

When you think of LaSalle, you think 4th place in their league but that league as stated above is something else.

LaSalle is a well coached ballclub with some very good athletes. They are big and very strong and well-conditioned. Henry Clay jumped out 7-0, but then LaSalle got the football and ran isolation left, isolation right, etc. and scored at will on the Blue Devil defense. Their halfback had over 200 yards rushing..........at the half.