Scott High School

I had recently heard that there is a basketball player from Holy Cross that is going to be playing at Scott this coming year. Is there any truth to this? Also is Tyler Baker coming back to Scott to play basketball this coming year?

I had recently heard that there is a basketball player from Holy Cross that is going to be playing at Scott this coming year. Is there any truth to this? Also is Tyler Baker coming back to Scott to play basketball this coming year?

Oh no....not the Tyler Baker saga again!:D

Great player from his Calvary days but would he be an addition or a distraction?

Haven't heard about the player from HC...Aaron Brown. Is he a junior...senior??? Did he play any at HC last year?

Aaron Brown attended Holy Cross but got no playing time at all. Don't know if he will be eligible or not at Scott.

Heard Tyler Baker will be playing this coming year but he was supposed to last year....who knows on this one.

Aaron Brown attended Holy Cross but got no playing time at all. Don't know if he will be eligible or not at Scott.

Heard Tyler Baker will be playing this coming year but he was supposed to last year....who knows on this one.

Scott had a pretty successful JV team last year and I think it was pretty sophomore oriented. Obviously Tyler Baker is a pretty talented player but what would the benefit be of adding a couple of seniors (Baker & Brown) who haven't been part of the program?

Scott had a pretty successful JV team last year and I think it was pretty sophomore oriented. Obviously Tyler Baker is a pretty talented player but what would the benefit be of adding a couple of seniors (Baker & Brown) who haven't been part of the program?

Baker would help from a talent perspective, but Brown would not add anything.

Scott will not have much talent this year as they lost most of it with their senior class. I see them getting maybe 10-12 victories this season. I look for Nikola Gligorevic to be their best player outside of Baker(if he plays). Nikola has played a lot of AAU ball this spring & summer to improve his skills and has looked good at times.

Actually Tiger, Aaron has had a great summer for the Eagles, maybe even the most improved player throughout the summer. Agree with you about Nikola but have to disagree about the talent level at Scott. The eagles actually have quite a bit of talent throughout the program, probably more talent top to bottom than they have had in the time Coach Carr has been at Scott. Although the senior class did have talent they can be replaced. I can see several of the players in the program as having a chance to reach a 1000 points, something this class failed to produce. And for all of those doubting the eagles the same was said in the preseason last year and they nearly made the regional finals.

Actually Tiger, Aaron has had a great summer for the Eagles, maybe even the most improved player throughout the summer. Agree with you about Nikola but have to disagree about the talent level at Scott. The eagles actually have quite a bit of talent throughout the program, probably more talent top to bottom than they have had in the time Coach Carr has been at Scott. Although the senior class did have talent they can be replaced. I can see several of the players in the program as having a chance to reach a 1000 points, something this class failed to produce. And for all of those doubting the eagles the same was said in the preseason last year and they nearly made the regional finals.

Not sure about the overall talent level of the program but if my memory is correct the knock on lat years Senior class at Scott was a lack of talent as well after Sharp & Quigley and that turned out okay.

I think Carr is one of the top coaches in the Tenth and he will get the most out of the talent he has available.

Bredman, Scott does not have more talent in it's program than last years seniors, not even close. You have no one currently in that school to replace Quigley, Miller, and especially Sharp, no one! You are right that this past senior class did not produce multiple 1000 point scorers, but that was due to other players being played in front of them the past three years that shouldn't have been....who's fault is that? Next year's team will not produce close to the results of what last year's team did in getting 22 victories(only 6th time in Scott history to reach 20), producing 2 Div I all-stars(Sharp, Quigley), 1 first team all 10th region player(Sharp), 2 honorable mention 10th region players(Quigley, Miller), and getting within a point of reaching the 10th region final. Come talk to me after the season and we will compare results.

Bredman, Scott does not have more talent in it's program than last years seniors, not even close. You have no one currently in that school to replace Quigley, Miller, and especially Sharp, no one! You are right that this past senior class did not produce multiple 1000 point scorers, but that was due to other players being played in front of them the past three years that shouldn't have been....who's fault is that? Next year's team will not produce close to the results of what last year's team did in getting 22 victories(only 6th time in Scott history to reach 20), producing 2 Div I all-stars(Sharp, Quigley), 1 first team all 10th region player(Sharp), 2 honorable mention 10th region players(Quigley, Miller), and getting within a point of reaching the 10th region final. Come talk to me after the season and we will compare results.

Maybe not nextyear, but 09' Scott might be one of the top 3 teams in the region with the best shot they have to win the region in a while.

Tiger I am well aware of the stats of last years team. The point that I was trying to make is that it is easy to make bold predictions in July but who really knows how the season will play out? It is obvious that we have different views on this matter but to say that certain players are not replaceable just simply is not true. Were Miller, Sharp, and Quigley good high school players, no doubt they were but to say that any of them is not replaceable is not true in my opinion. If they were as good as you say they were then they would be playing on the next level. The one thing that the team last year proved is that it takes a team to be successful and that the team is not built on the success of one player. It is obvious from your post that you disagree with some of the things that Coach Carr does and that is fine. He is the coach and he is at practice everyday, parents only see games and often times those games are seen from the perspective of there own son or daughter. The head coach has to deal with the team as a whole and sees a different perspective than player's parents do. Only a few people know how hard the players at Scott have worked this summer and I can guarantee that no team has worked harder.

Tiger I am well aware of the stats of last years team. The point that I was trying to make is that it is easy to make bold predictions in July but who really knows how the season will play out? It is obvious that we have different views on this matter but to say that certain players are not replaceable just simply is not true. Were Miller, Sharp, and Quigley good high school players, no doubt they were but to say that any of them is not replaceable is not true in my opinion. If they were as good as you say they were then they would be playing on the next level. The one thing that the team last year proved is that it takes a team to be successful and that the team is not built on the success of one player. It is obvious from your post that you disagree with some of the things that Coach Carr does and that is fine. He is the coach and he is at practice everyday, parents only see games and often times those games are seen from the perspective of there own son or daughter. The head coach has to deal with the team as a whole and sees a different perspective than player's parents do. Only a few people know how hard the players at Scott have worked this summer and I can guarantee that no team has worked harder.

Just because a coach is at practice everyday doesn't mean that their decisions are always correct.

One of the three players you mentioned did have opportunites to play on the next level, but decided that basketball was not part of his immediate future.

I never said the current players don't or didn't work hard this summer.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, come talk to me after the season and we will compare the results.

Just because a coach is at practice everyday doesn't mean that their decisions are always correct.

One of the three players you mentioned did have opportunites to play on the next level, but decided that basketball was not part of his immediate future.

I never said the current players don't or didn't work hard this summer.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, come talk to me after the season and we will compare the results.

As I have said before, this team will not be as good as last years team, though i do think in a weak region with the right draw they could make it to the regional finals, just as long as there not on Mason's side, but in 09 i will gladly compare last years team with the team of 09, as i think this is one of the best basketball classes to come through Scott in a while, If I am wrong ill eat my crow.