Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 69 Vanderbilt 63

Featured Replies

I think 5.5

 

Sounds about right. UK is the better team but it's hard to over look having lost 5 of the last 6 at Vandy coming in to tonight.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vandy went scoreless the last 4:09...

Has UK clinched yet?

 

Mathematically, no. But realistically, yes.

Finally a bit of adversity in a tough environment and they passed the test. Play of the game was the Teague pass to Miller, I don't think it was drawn up by Cal. Some of the shots Jones made were absurd, he really played well offensively in the first half. My wife called me Nostradamus after I predicted UK to get an and one (Davis then proceeded to do so) and a big shot by Lamb (He nailed a three seconds later). They had a brief lapse that let Vandy back into the game then stepped on the gas and nailed down the victory.

Also before I forget Teague played a solid game and his bounce pass from the ground when he slipped and went down late in the game was very impressive in my mind. Just seemed like a really heads up play, a lot of times in that situation PG are just trying to secure the ball and it often ends in a jump ball or someone having to call a timeout.

 

Finally a bit of adversity in a tough environment and they passed the test. Play of the game was the Teague pass to Miller, I don't think it was drawn up by Cal. Some of the shots Jones made were absurd, he really played well offensively in the first half. My wife called me Nostradamus after I predicted UK to get an and one (Davis then proceeded to do so) and a big shot by Lamb (He nailed a three seconds later). They had a brief lapse that let Vandy back into the game then stepped on the gas and nailed down the victory.

 

The one I mentioned in a previous post? Really was a heads up play by Teague.

Dickie V hit the nail on the head tonight when he said the thing that impresses him about UK is their poise and composure on the court. They are almost businesslike in the way they handle themselves. Nothing seems to get them flustered. When the tough times hit, they just go execute the next possession. Very few poor shots. Very few turnovers. Lockdown D when they need stops. Tonight they had some lapses and didn't let it get in their heads. They closed it out at one of the toughest venues in the nation against a senior dominated team.

Knew this would be a grinder. Exactly what the boys needed. They passed the test. Proud. Cal is Coach of the Year. Hands down.

Great win and great to see them handle the push that Vandy made. I still would like to see how they respond actually being down in the final minute or two of a game though. Today they were still winning at that time, and even the Indiana game they were too. I want to see how they respond in a final minute if they are losing, and then all the pressure really being on them even more. However I loved how this team fought through that comeback today, and did make the plays still when they needed it to seal the win!

Didn't catch this in live action, but more proof of the terrible officiating, and dirty/rough play by Vandy.

 

Wildcat Dad had it 71-64 in the prediction thread.

 

I predicted 77-71, a little off the actual score but I got the point spread right.

I agree with some of the bad calls made by the referees. There was one where Ezeli had the ball in the paint and basicly lowered his shoulder into Davis and knocked him backwards, then made the shot. A foul was called on Davis, who had actually been fouled by Ezeli's charge so he could create space to score. Calls like that burn me up.:irked:

Great win. Go Cats!!!!

Didn't catch this in live action, but more proof of the terrible officiating, and dirty/rough play by Vandy.

 

Wow! My wife saw it live, I didn't. Should the SEC take a closer look at this?

Didn't catch this in live action, but more proof of the terrible officiating, and dirty/rough play by Vandy.

 

 

Classic. Best part is the official on the baseline looking RIGHT AT IT. Unbelievable.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.