Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 69 Vanderbilt 63

Featured Replies

UK showed tonight the only team that can beat them is themselves..

 

I'm starting to believe that; they are going to be very tough for anyone to beat, regardless of who plays them.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't catch this in live action, but more proof of the terrible officiating, and dirty/rough play by Vandy.

 

 

Definitely a dirty play that was missed. However I am a UK fan and I honestly get tired of hearing how bad the officials were each game from fans. It seems like in every thread lately someone is saying the officials sucks, and missed calls that should have been on the other team. Which I am sure fans of the other teams think the same things about some of the fouls we honestly get away with too. Because our team definitely gets away with a lot too, and I hate to admit that.

 

College officials as a whole do a poor job IMO, but that is not going to change. Honestly I thought last night games was officiated at least even on both sides. With some good and bad calls on both sides. I remember one time when Vandy's best player went in for a layup, and got basically closed lined by two of our guys and nothing was called. So no reason for us to complain about it, when other teams have just as much to complain about too.

Anyone know what the spread was on this game? I'm thinking UK by less than 7.

 

UK -4.5

I don't think that was a punch to the back of the head. It's difficult to tell, but my inclination is that if Teague was punched, he would have reacted differently.

 

I'll give the Vandy guy the benefit of the doubt & say that it was a "swim move" which looked bad because Teague is so much shorter.

Definitely a dirty play that was missed. However I am a UK fan and I honestly get tired of hearing how bad the officials were each game from fans. It seems like in every thread lately someone is saying the officials sucks, and missed calls that should have been on the other team. Which I am sure fans of the other teams think the same things about some of the fouls we honestly get away with too. Because our team definitely gets away with a lot too, and I hate to admit that.

 

College officials as a whole do a poor job IMO, but that is not going to change. Honestly I thought last night games was officiated at least even on both sides. With some good and bad calls on both sides. I remember one time when Vandy's best player went in for a layup, and got basically closed lined by two of our guys and nothing was called. So no reason for us to complain about it, when other teams have just as much to complain about too.

 

When the zebra's are as bad as they were last night I'm going to complain about it. The video posted above was just one example & there were several bad calls.

Vandy's 15 total fouls put them at one less than their season average even after fouling UK intentionally 3 times at the end. Pretty impressive considering the physical play, no?

When the zebra's are as bad as they were last night I'm going to complain about it. The video posted above was just one example & there were several bad calls.

 

The officiating was not great, but it was consistent & that's all you can really ask for.

 

I thought there were a few blown calls on who touched the ball last. I'd say it was about 50/50 as to who got the benefit of the bad call, though. Nothing for me to complain about.

The officiating was not great, but it was consistent & that's all you can really ask for.

 

I thought there were a few blown calls on who touched the ball last. I'd say it was about 50/50 as to who got the benefit of the bad call, though. Nothing for me to complain about.

 

If by consistent you mean consistently bad then I guess I can agree with that. I saw 2 no calls on UK that should have been fouls however I saw several missed fouls or non fouls that were called against UK.

I agree with some of the bad calls made by the referees. There was one where Ezeli had the ball in the paint and basicly lowered his shoulder into Davis and knocked him backwards, then made the shot. A foul was called on Davis, who had actually been fouled by Ezeli's charge so he could create space to score. Calls like that burn me up.:irked:

 

I worded this poorly. I meant to say that I agree with other posters that there were bad calls made by the referees.

This was a very good win for UK but big picture I still worry alot about UK's Ft shooting. UK missed two one and ones at the end of the game. Coach Cal's teams have a history of missing big FT's and last year team lived up to his history.

This was a very good win for UK but big picture I still worry alot about UK's Ft shooting. UK missed two one and ones at the end of the game. Coach Cal's teams have a history of missing big FT's and last year team lived up to his history.

 

Last years team made huge free throws throw the SEC and NCAA tournament. Which is one of the reasons why they made the final four, they also made big shots in each of the games. Did they have a bad free throw shooting game in the final four yes, however most of the team had a bad shooting day all the way around. I think to much of made about Cal's teams. There is nothing a coach can do if a guy who is typically a good free throw shooter chokes down the stretch, which is what has happened with him sometimes. A coach can't teach a kid to be clutch and being able to go up to a free throw line and make free throws when it matters most.

When the zebra's are as bad as they were last night I'm going to complain about it. The video posted above was just one example & there were several bad calls.

 

Yeah and there was plenty of bad calls or bad no calls on things that we did too. It's easy to say things from a bias UK perspective. There was bad calls both ways no doubt, and I bet you Vandy fans could come up with as many things the refs missed for them and we could come up with too. It was consistently bad for both teams IMO, and that is all I can ask for. If your going to be bad then be bad both ways and they were IMO.

 

I know I am a UK fan and I get sick of hearing people complain about the officials all the time, and acting like every call goes against UK. Refs in college are pretty bad, but more times than not they are bad for both teams.

Yeah and there was plenty of bad calls or bad no calls on things that we did too. It's easy to say things from a bias UK perspective. There was bad calls both ways no doubt, and I bet you Vandy fans could come up with as many things the refs missed for them and we could come up with too. It was consistently bad for both teams IMO, and that is all I can ask for. If your going to be bad then be bad both ways and they were IMO.

 

List some examples. There was the one where Dicky V said there was a foul on the 3-point shot, but the replay clearly showed it was a Vandy flop.

UK showed tonight the only team that can beat them is themselves..

 

I've been saying that for about two weeks now. As pointed out already though, they keep their composure when its starts getting tight and that is huge for a team, espcially since they are so young.

Great win. Cats overcome a serious Vandy run and some typically horrible Tony Greene officiating.
I'm don't think I've read a UK game thread where you didn't complain about the officiating.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.