Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 69 Vanderbilt 63

Featured Replies

I'm don't think I've read a UK game thread where you didn't complain about the officiating.

 

:lol: :thumb:

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm don't think I've read a UK game thread where you didn't complain about the officiating.

 

:lol: I'll freely admit I hate most of them. Tony Greene in particular, and Teddy Valentine not far behind. Thankfully UK hasn't seen much of Teddy V this year.

 

I will certainly complain when UK's players are being used for piggy back rides and hit in the back of the head with no calls. :idunno:

 

It seems like most people agree its terrible (not necessarily biased, but just flat bad).

 

I'll try to make a point of complimenting officials when I think they get it right.

:lol: I'll freely admit I hate most of them. Tony Greene in particular, and Teddy Valentine not far behind. Thankfully UK hasn't seen much of Teddy V this year.

 

I will certainly complain when UK's players are being used for piggy back rides and hit in the back of the head with no calls. :idunno:

 

It seems like most people agree its terrible (not necessarily biased, but just flat bad).

 

I'll try to make a point of complimenting officials when I think they get it right.

There are definitely games when the gripe is legit but when it's every game it loses it effectiveness. And I agree that Greene has to be the worse ever to put on the stripes.

I will be honest, I didn't feel like the officiating was very poor in this one.

There are definitely games when the gripe is legit but when it's every game it loses it effectiveness. And I agree that Greene has to be the worse ever to put on the stripes.

 

Just for fun, I did a little search to see how whiny I've been this year. Looks like about 1/3 of the time. I'll stand by most of them (Kansas player laying out of bounds, Arkansas block/charge, Tchingang hitting Teague), but again, I freely admit I have a strong dislike for pretty much all officials.

List some examples. There was the one where Dicky V said there was a foul on the 3-point shot, but the replay clearly showed it was a Vandy flop.

 

Yes just like there has been plenty of times this year when we have gotten fouls called, when teams really haven't fouled us. Just like we have gotten away with steals or blocks when it should have been a foul on us. As great as Davis is at shot blocking, he has gotten away with a few this year when he has fouled a guy while blocking his shot. However he is known as such a great shot blocker, he gets the benefit of the doubt most of the time. As I mentioned before there was one play where Vandy's best player tried to take it to the basket, he went up and two UK players hit his arms and not the ball at all and no foul was called.

 

There is plenty of fouls and non fouls that UK gets called and gets away with too. It's easy to see only the fouls that should be called on other teams when were looking at it as a UK fan. However as I said before I bet you mostly every team we have played this year, their fans would have been able to find just as many fouls that they thought should have been called on us. I know I have complained some of the calls this year too, but it seems like now in every thread someone is complaining. Officials are bad, but as long as they are equally bad then its fine with me. Which the other night I thought it was pretty equal on how bad they were.

I'm don't think I've read a UK game thread where you didn't complain about the officiating.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.