Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 85 North Carolina 84

Featured Replies

I'd love to be the coach that has a big guy guarding his best player, with zero help, that isn't accustomed to guarding perimeter players. If a 5 posts up a 1 it's a mismatch but if a 5 guards a 1 on the perimeter it's a good matchup? No way.

 

The open 3 wasn't a result of the switch when the switch resulted in Zeller guarding the guy who took the shot?

 

There was 4 seconds left not 15, you'd have to be an idiot to let a guy get a 3 off like that over a 7 footer.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There was 4 seconds left not 15, you'd have to be an idiot to let a guy get a 3 off like that over a 7 footer.

 

Completely agree. Don't give them a chance to win the game on a shot, especially when you have a shot blocker like Henson down low who could have helped out if he drove the ball.

I heard on a talk show before the game that UNC and Duke over the last so-many games were, like, one game apart, 38-37 (?) in won-loss record against each other.....and that only one point separated them as to how many points each school had school had scored during that time. I can't remember the specifics but I wonder if last night's game has them tied now in both categories.

The worst thing hedging does is give up a layup. Not sure why it wouldn't work. Hedging rarely creates open 3's.

 

Hedging does make the big prone to picking up a foul and putting Rivers on the line for the tie. Other than that, I agree. Hedge and double as the guard recovers...

Hedging does make the big prone to picking up a foul and putting Rivers on the line for the tie. Other than that, I agree. Hedge and double as the guard recovers...

 

Obviously, we have hindsight to know that Rivers made the shot but I had the feeling when he got the ball in his hands.

Two key baskets that shouldn't have counted and two that I'm sure UNC fans are lamenting:

 

1. Zeller tips in the errant shot by Kelly.

2. Curry hits a 3 where he clearly traveled.

 

Give Duke credit for taking advantage of the breaks.

 

 

Curry definitely walked before he shot the ball. Very obvious and I don't know why the refs didn't call it. Half the UNC crowd was making the walk signal. One guy walked 10 rows down in the inzone isle rolling his arms like an old fashion lawnmower.:lol:

^ at best, it was in transition, I guarantee they (the officials) weren't ready for the cross court.

It's only a walk if they call it. It may have looked like a walk but if it isn't called it's not a walk. :D

This game cements my memory of this season. I'll be initially upset and disgusted but this game right here is one of my top 3 Duke games ever. 1992-The Shot, 2001-The Miracle Comeback, 2012-The Freshman. Nothing else that happens will take this memory away. Not even a first round loss.

 

I personally was a bigger fan of the 1998 come back......

I personally was a bigger fan of the 1998 come back......

 

 

Naw....that game sucked. :D

Okay...I heard all of that. Is that a cussword?

 

Kid definitely has extreme confidence. I ain't mad at him. I love it. You're an MJ fan so you have to love it too. :lol:

 

No MJ get's a pass because he was the best ever totally different. No joke, I thought it was kind of awkward too.

No MJ get's a pass because he was the best ever totally different. No joke, I thought it was kind of awkward too.

 

I think everybody gets a pass. Arrogance doesn't bother me at all and I am as vulgar as they come. I wish MJ would have been more arrogant. I may have actually liked him had he shown his true self to the microphones instead of his phony image. He sure let it rip in his Hall of Fame speech. Which was awesome.

Naw....that game sucked. :D

 

I was only 13 at the time but still remember every thing about that day all the way down to the 5 year old at church telling the preacher that day that he'd better keep the sermon short because UK played that day.

I think everybody gets a pass. Arrogance doesn't bother me at all and I am as vulgar as they come. I wish MJ would have been more arrogant. I may have actually liked him had he shown his true self to the microphones instead of his phony image. He sure let it rip in his Hall of Fame speech. Which was awesome.

 

I thought it was kind of classless, but he's the best and in my mind always will be so I let it slide.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.