Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 85 North Carolina 84

Featured Replies

I believe she dated Brandon Spikes at one time as well. Senior volleyball player for the University of Florida if I am not mistaken.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know fb was blowing up leading up to the game about her and whether she'd be rooting for her brother or UNC...

I agree that Zeller played that last shot horribly. I also agree that 15 years of coaching and instincts were working against him going out beyond that 3 point line. You see it all the time. Players have a hard time going out beyond the 3 point line to defend anyone. That is what was so awesome about UK's defensive play versus Florida the other night. The way they closed on every 3 pointer and forced Florida out of their game was very impressive. Nevertheless, I still can't believe Zeller played it like that. As Rivers cut off that pick and dribbled to the wing, I was yelling at the TV "get on him, what are you doing" and sure enough BOOM.

 

The beautiful thing about that game as a UK fan, regardless of who loses you get to blast on the losing team, especially when they blow a game that way.

I know fb was blowing up leading up to the game about her and whether she'd be rooting for her brother or UNC...

 

 

I think she was quoted as saying something like.....Dexter isn't playing so of course I'll be cheering for my brother but I am wearing green to the game to be neutral amongst the teams.....something like that. Whatever. I'd be shocked if she wasn't cheering hard for her brother during and after the game.

 

Austin played like somebody from UNC was messing with his sister though...:lol:

^:lol: Not gonna lie, the fb photo was much better than the one you posted.

^:lol: Not gonna lie, the fb photo was much better than the one you posted.

 

 

 

I definitely got a good laugh from it. :lol:

I think she was quoted as saying something like.....Dexter isn't playing so of course I'll be cheering for my brother but I am wearing green to the game to be neutral amongst the teams.....something like that. Whatever. I'd be shocked if she wasn't cheering hard for her brother during and after the game.

 

Austin played like somebody from UNC was messing with his sister though...:lol:

 

Strickland has the upper hand, regardless. Someone needs to coach Zeller a little better. "Strick is nailing your sister!" would've been better defense than that garbage last night.

Strickland has the upper hand, regardless. Someone needs to coach Zeller a little better. "Strick is nailing your sister!" would've been better defense than that garbage last night.

 

 

:lol: :lol:

 

 

I'd have missed the shot if someone said that to me. :lol:

You guys are blaming the wrong guy. Zeller had no business guarding Rivers at that point. You don't switch, you hedge. Duke got the matchup they wanted. Also, look at the picture in post 62. If it was made clear that a two is okay, why is Henson in no man's land? Why isn't there a double team? There was zero doubt who was taking that shot whether it was 21' or 31'.

 

You can't afford to hedge in a situation like that. I think switching was the right thing to do. Zeller was just a bone head.

Strickland has the upper hand, regardless. Someone needs to coach Zeller a little better. "Strick is nailing your sister!" would've been better defense than that garbage last night.

 

Maybe he should've watched BASEketball. Nice psyche out!

You can't afford to hedge in a situation like that. I think switching was the right thing to do. Zeller was just a bone head.

 

The worst thing hedging does is give up a layup. Not sure why it wouldn't work. Hedging rarely creates open 3's.

I am going to make a sequel to Conspiracy Theory. Will you be available for the starring role?

 

Be glad too, I have many theories we can use.

The NCAA does not pair any team within the same conference against one another until at least the Elite 8. I believe that changed with the Big East a couple seasons ago, but that is the general rule they adhere to.

 

Thanks, still hard to believe they haven't met at all.

The worst thing hedging does is give up a layup. Not sure why it wouldn't work. Hedging rarely creates open 3's.

 

The open 3 wasn't a result of the switch it was poor D from Zeller. He should have forced him to drive simple as that. 4 seconds to go I'd love to have my big guy guarding a guy that is 6'2 on the perimeter when I am up 2. No chance he is getting off a 3 if my guy has any basketball intelligence.

The open 3 wasn't a result of the switch it was poor D from Zeller. He should have forced him to drive simple as that. 4 seconds to go I'd love to have my big guy guarding a guy that is 6'2 on the perimeter when I am up 2. No chance he is getting off a 3 if my guy has any basketball intelligence.

 

I'd love to be the coach that has a big guy guarding his best player, with zero help, that isn't accustomed to guarding perimeter players. If a 5 posts up a 1 it's a mismatch but if a 5 guards a 1 on the perimeter it's a good matchup? No way.

 

The open 3 wasn't a result of the switch when the switch resulted in Zeller guarding the guy who took the shot?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.