Hillary verses Obama.

I thought there was a requirement for any VP to be constitutionally eligible to be President?

Well, the theory is that the 22nd does not make you ineligible for a 3rd term. It only makes unconstitutional to get elected by the people to a 3rd term. So Bill can still be President again (as can the Bush boys). But they can not be ELECTED to the office. At least that is the literal reading of the amendment.

Well, the theory is that the 22nd does not make you ineligible for a 3rd term. It only makes unconstitutional to get elected by the people to a 3rd term. So Bill can still be President again (as can the Bush boys). But they can not be ELECTED to the office. At least that is the literal reading of the amendment.

The 12th amendment states "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." I would think that this would make President Clintion ineligible. I think that there is more emphasis on the fact that any person cannot serve more than two terms rather than be elected to two terms.

The 12th amendment states "But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." I would think that this would make President Clintion ineligible. I think that there is more emphasis on the fact that any person cannot serve more than two terms rather than be elected to two terms.

The 22nd still only says you can not be 'elected' to the office. It really does not say you are ineligible or disqualified to serve or act in the office. Just reading it literally.

http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/presidential-term-limits.html

Robert Reich predicts Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton will swap roles.

Hillary in the #2 spot makes for interesting dynamic that likely provides a good leg up. And if Obama decides to not run again it provides her with a launching pad.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/216291/20110919/obama-not-running-in-2012.htm

The 22nd still only says you can not be 'elected' to the office. It really does not say you are ineligible or disqualified to serve or act in the office. Just reading it literally.

Is the VP spot not an considered an electable position? I'm pretty sure those that voted for Obama voted for Biden. If Hillary ran and Bill was her VP, they would be voting for him as well.

Is the VP spot not an considered an electable position? I'm pretty sure those that voted for Obama voted for Biden. If Hillary ran and Bill was her VP, they would be voting for him as well.

Good point. In any case Hillary probably would not want to be tied to Bill anyway. If she is on the main ticket she creates a dynamic that is probably positive for the Democratic party.

Interesting. I think that is a plus for Obama in the election. That would set Hillary up for a run in 4 years if they win. But Biden as Secretary of State does nothing for me.

I would think it's the kiss of death for her but a definite positive for Obama.