Bishop Brossart 68 Highlands 61

I'm also curious as to what went on as Brossart entered the locker room at the end of the game. I'm not for sure, but there seemed to be some kind of altercation.

HHS parent (of a student who is not a hoops player) was jawing at the Brossart player. Brossart Assistant Coach got in the middle and insured the player kept moving.

HHS parent was wrong for jawing at kid. Brossart AC was right to intervene on his player's behalf, but wrong to continue jawing at HHS parent after his kid was gone.

Edited by jpa2825
Word Filter didn't like my abbreviation of "assistant"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a no call because a foul had already been called prior to the elbow contact. Therefore it happened in a dead ball situation.

Joe is a big strong kid who does tend to get beat up with regularity. I think if the officials would "protect" the rebounders, situations like this would not occur. Highlands was in a must foul situation which created the occasion for the event.

I agree with the poster above who said that Joe needs to learn how to step-pivot with the ball to clear space. What he is trying to do is pull the ball through, however, when repeating the process it gives the appearance of throwing elbows.

Sorry, but even worse if it was a dead ball...In that case a technical. He was swinging them all night. Should have been warned prior to that incident. Intentional, or not, dead ball, or not, it was a foul...His 5th I might add. Might have changed things...I had not dog in the fight...Just calling it like I saw it. If he had been warned earlier in the game, when he hit a couple of other kids with those elbows, perhaps it would not have come to that.

That said, the kid is recovering. No serious damage. Best wishes to him on a speedy recovery.

Sorry, but even worse if it was a dead ball...In that case a technical. He was swinging them all night. Should have been warned prior to that incident. Intentional, or not, dead ball, or not, it was a foul...His 5th I might add. Might have changed things...I had not dog in the fight...Just calling it like I saw it. If he had been warned earlier in the game, when he hit a couple of other kids with those elbows, perhaps it would not have come to that.

That said, the kid is recovering. No serious damage. Best wishes to him on a speedy recovery.

The game was decided by then.

The game was decided by then.

Really? A 7 point game (after free throws)....If the T is called: HHS with free throws and the ball..20ish seconds left I believe....Maybe decided, maybe not.

Regardless, it was a good game to watch. Both teams played well. Congrats to the Mustangs and best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Really? A 7 point game (after free throws)....If the T is called: HHS with free throws and the ball..20ish seconds left I believe....Maybe decided, maybe not.

Regardless, it was a good game to watch. Both teams played well. Congrats to the Mustangs and best of luck to both teams the rest of the season.

11.5 seconds left. Unless Pat T. Came in and threw a TD game was over. Both teams played hard. Clean game. Both teams will continue to get better and maybe make some waves in both regions?

I don't think i saw him swing any elbows and connect on anybody until that very last play. It happened in a dead ball situation. Immediately after the whistle was blown. There was no time to react to the whistle. Also I think if you were going to T him up there you'd have to say that he intended to do what he did. And there is no way possible that he saw the Highlands player standing behind him.

In case anyone was wondering about the other games.

Highlands won the Freshman game 50-49 in OT on a stickback 3 point play by Jensen Feggins. Brossart's half court attempt at the buzzer was close but no cigars.

Brossart won the JV game by 20+. Drew Burns had a boatload and is a very good player.