Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

I heard Holloway's comments again and it sounds like on the "gangsta" comment, he said that is what the UC players said to him before the game, "They said, yeah we got gangstas ...". I would like to hear that again but it sounded like Holloway said the UC players said they (UC) had gangstas in their locker room.

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait, what?

Tu is a thug...I mean gangsta. He'll get suspended. However, he isn't 6'9 270 and throwing a sucker punch that lands a standing eight count, combined with a throwing of another punch....Lyons from Xavier actually tried to calm him down.

 

Sure Xavier was probably barking at the UC bench, but the one UC player jumped up and came after Tu at the intermission.

 

Xavier has botched a lot of things post game forward. They are taking a let's wait and see approach.

Holloway and Lyons should be off limits to the press for a long time.

 

Cronin on the other hand is essentially throwing out empty threats. You think he boots anyone from the team? I highly doubt it. He has let Gates get away with too many things before, and ultimately ends up relying on him. I would be shocked if he booted him.

 

How in the world have you made this determination already? He looked and sounded extremely sincere in the presser and has the support of the UC President and AD. Give him a couple days to compile the necessary information and sort things out and then make your assessment on whether his threats are without substance. I think he will dismiss one or two players from the team and issue a very lengthy suspension to 2 players. And he hasn't exactly kowtowed to all of Gates' indescretions in the past, having suspended him last season for violating team rules (yelling at an asst. coach).

It was a shame that the game ended the way it did. I can understand some jawing; it's going to happen in a rivalry game, but when benches clear and punches are thrown, it's a big problem. I have been somewhat of a Xavier fan, but I lost a lot of respect for them as a basketball team and university with how Holloway and Lyons handled their presser. I know that there were a lot of emotions and tempers may have been still flaring, but you don't say the things that they did and Mack should have never even let them do it to begin with, which made himself and the school look even more foolish.

 

On another note, I was very impressed with the way Cronin handled his presser and truly believe that he will follow through on all that he said.

Interesting comment I saw from a poster on another sports site:

 

Interesting that when MLB players brawl it is "part of the game" and adds "fun and intensity to rivalries", but when these predominantly black college basketball players scuffle they are immediately labeled as thugs.

It was a shame that the game ended the way it did. I can understand some jawing; it's going to happen in a rivalry game, but when benches clear and punches are thrown, it's a big problem. I have been somewhat of a Xavier fan, but I lost a lot of respect for them as a basketball team and university with how Holloway and Lyons handled their presser. I know that there were a lot of emotions and tempers may have been still flaring, but you don't say the things that they did and Mack should have never even let them do it to begin with, which made himself and the school look even more foolish.

 

On another note, I was very impressed with the way Cronin handled his presser and truly believe that he will follow through on all that he said.

 

I've had a lot of respect for Cronin even before his presser. His presser was spot on and IMO was very much needed. It makes me proud to to hear some of the things he said. I'm confident that he will be stern.

Interesting comment I saw from a poster on another sports site:

 

Interesting that when MLB players brawl it is "part of the game" and adds "fun and intensity to rivalries", but when these predominantly black college basketball players scuffle they are immediately labeled as thugs.

 

They are professional athletes. College basketball players are student athletes.

 

To me there is a big difference between the two.

They are professional athletes. College basketball players are student athletes.

 

delete

Evidently Holloway did not say the right things in a post game interview, calling the Xavier team "gangstas." Will X's administration step in? Black eye to the institution priding itself on academics and character.

 

When I saw that post game interview I thought to myself..you can't be serious he just said that?!! What an idiot!

 

This entire situation is a pitiful. To each team..enjoy your suspensions (or worse)...you deserve it!

Holloway landed a punch last year. Any reason you ignore that???

 

Didn't see it. Can't comment.

^ Tough to really see what happened. He looks like an idiot, though that's for sure.

 

Since that seemed to be the X student section, it looked like he could be slapping fives with the fans. No way to tell definitively with that poor quality video.

They are professional athletes. College basketball players are student athletes.

 

To me there is a big difference between the two.

 

Same criticisms are levied against NBA players (primarily black) when they have dust-ups. It's definitely a double-standard.

I'm just getting a vibe here that some think X's part in this is some how as big as UC's. Is this the case? Oh one more time, Cronin should be fired. Perfect opportunity to get rid of a mediocre coach and get someone in who can build the program. Cronin's not the guy

I'm just getting a vibe here that some think X's part in this is some how as big as UC's. Is this the case? Oh one more time, Cronin should be fired. Perfect opportunity to get rid of a mediocre coach and get someone in who can build the program. Cronin's not the guy

 

They certainly didn't take a passive role. Sure seems like the push that lit the fuse came from the X side, unless I've not seen the video correctly.

They certainly didn't take a passive role. Sure seems like the push that lit the fuse came from the X side, unless I've not seen the video correctly.

I think you're right about the shove, however I feel the X players sort of brought a knife to a gun fight. UC was ready to throw down in an instant.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.