Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

I talked to someone that saw the Xavier coaches video last night, and there were multiple punches thrown and landed by Lyons and Wells. You can see it on the ESPN videos somewhat if you focus on the top left of the screen at the end of the UC bench.

 

From gathering info I think Gates will be suspended 5-10 games for his actions. Mbodj should fall in the same range as well for the stomp. Ellis will likely be suspended at least a game for swinging on Walker after he was punched by Wells and Lyons. I think Guyn will get sit 1 game for his role as well. After sorting through everything those 4 look to be the only ones that were will face disciplinary action on the UC side.

 

Will be very interesting to see what comes from the Mack press conference today. My guess is X will not take action as they indicated yesterday and will go with whatever the A 10 hands down which is likely just the 1 game for Wells and likely Lyons...

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Gates should be gone. I agree that as of now X seems to be dodging responsibilty. I did see the X guys throwing also. Just a mess.

both teams are to blame. A black eye to college basketball and the city of cincinnati. Stop taking sides on this to back up your school. Both schools have to look in the mirror and do what is right. This is going to linger for a long time and the way each handles it will be very important
I agree in that both are to blame. I am not a fan of either team so I was being completley neutral with my opinion in my post.

This game has always been a bitter one but this one went way across the line. I am being honest in that imo believe that Cronin handled the situation better than the other coach.

I also believe that they possibly should look at discontinuing this game/series for a few years. jmo

Not innocent at all. But in the end we all saw who lost total control. X goaded those guys into it, and they went hook line and sinker. Any X guys in danger of having their careers ended with this? They played the UC players, and UC showed what they are made of in their reaction.

 

Dude you can't be serious. Gates landed the best shot and it was indeed a cheap shot but your comments couldn't be more biased toward XU. YOU fail to mention both Lyons and Wellz went after Ellis throwing punches at him while a UC assistant is trying to remove him from the scuffle...but I guess that's not a cheap shot, right? Someone also swung at Parker when he was trying to grab Lyons and simply get him away from Ellis...But UC is the thugs...comical.

 

Neither side is innocent and BOTH sets of players INVOLVED are just as much "thugs and gangsters" as the other.

 

Let's not say both TEAMS are thugs when there were actually players from both sides that didn't even get involved and just stood there.

 

Notice there's no mention of Sanders, Dixon, Parker, Cash, Davis, Jackson, or Kilpatrick doing anything. But I guess UC is full of gangsters because of 3 or 4 players that were idiots...right? Players from both sides should get serious suspensions but your comments only singling out one set is not only unfair to the good kids but also very uninformed.

Edited by Walter

Gates has to be one of the more disappointing UC players in recent history from the standpoint of potential to what he has actually accomplished.

Dude you can't be serious. Gates landed the best shot and it was indeed a cheap shot but your comments couldn't be more biased toward XU. YOU fail to mention both Lyons and Wellz went after Ellis throwing punches at him while a UC assistant is trying to remove him from the scuffle...but I guess that's not a cheap shot, right? Someone also swung at Parker when he was trying to grab Lyons and simply get him away from Ellis...But UC is the thugs...comical.

 

Neither side is innocent and BOTH sets of players INVOLVED are just as much "thugs and gangsters" as the other.

 

Let's not say both TEAMS are thugs when there were actually players from both sides that didn't even get involved and just stood there.

 

Notice there's no mention of Sanders, Dixon, Cash, Davis, Jackson, or Kilpatrick doing anything. But I guess UC is full of gangsters because of 3 or 4 players that were idiots...right? Players from both sides should get serious suspensions but your comments only singling out one set is not only unfair to the good kids but also very uninformed.

 

I acknowledged X's culpability a couple of posts ago. My posts are more of a reaction to those trying to defer this to the X players. We keep getting video of Frease jumping on the table and yelling at the UC fans. Kilpatrick got it going earlier in the week, on the radio. This should have been seen coming. Both programs share responsibilty, however I think UC comes out of it with the bigger black eye ( no pun intended). UC's program takes a bigger hit from this.

Gates has to be one of the more disappointing UC players in recent history from the standpoint of potential to what he has actually accomplished.

 

He has certainly joined a long list.

I heard Holloway's comments again and it sounds like on the "gangsta" comment, he said that is what the UC players said to him before the game, "They said, yeah we got gangstas ...". I would like to hear that again but it sounded like Holloway said the UC players said they (UC) had gangstas in their locker room.

 

Don't think so. Holloway was clearly referring to his own teammates and throwing them some "props" by referring to the as "gangstas." He was, however, articulate enough to clarify that they weren't "thugs", only gangstas.

 

Wasn't about 3 weeks or so ago that there was a really nice, touchy-feely story in the paper about loveable Holloway? :rolleyes:

I acknowledged X's culpability a couple of posts ago. My posts are more of a reaction to those trying to defer this to the X players. We keep getting video of Frease jumping on the table and yelling at the UC fans. Kilpatrick got it going earlier in the week, on the radio. This should have been seen coming. Both programs share responsibilty, however I think UC comes out of it with the bigger black eye ( no pun intended). UC's program takes a bigger hit from this.

 

If Frease did, in fact, strike the lady - which certainly doesn't appear in the video - it's a very big deal. Every bit as big as Gates' punches and Mbodj's kick. If this incident never actually happened - and I'm starting to feel it didn't or we'd have heard a lot more about it by now and there probably would be some video somewhere of it - then I agree that video of him jumping on the table is not a particularly big deal.

No.

 

Not even a consideration.

 

Still think this way? No question it's a "consideration" at this point. How serious a consideration is debateable, but pretty clear it's being discussed by the programs. Upon further reflection, I am going to guess that we will see a one-year hiatus of this game.

I acknowledged X's culpability a couple of posts ago. My posts are more of a reaction to those trying to defer this to the X players. We keep getting video of Frease jumping on the table and yelling at the UC fans. Kilpatrick got it going earlier in the week, on the radio. This should have been seen coming. Both programs share responsibilty, however I think UC comes out of it with the bigger black eye ( no pun intended). UC's program takes a bigger hit from this.

 

I don't think anyone is trying to defer this to only X. My only comment was that Wellz pushing Guyn was what set everything off....regardless of whether holloway and Guyn were jawing.

 

And to say one side will take a bigger hit than the other is again uninformed. Xavier will take a hit for the simple fact that they try to play the "goody goody" card and then their top two players make those comments after both threw punches in a brawl.

 

This is an embarrassment to BOTH programs, but more importantly the city of Cincinnati and all fans.

If Frease did, in fact, strike the lady - which certainly doesn't appear in the video - it's a very big deal. Every bit as big as Gates' punches and Mbodj's kick. If this incident never actually happened - and I'm starting to feel it didn't or we'd have heard a lot more about it by now and there probably would be some video somewhere of it - then I agree that video of him jumping on the table is not a particularly big deal.

 

At this point there is nothing to hear outside of a police report was filed. If she presses charges, there will be a lot more talk about it. From the videos I have seen there was no contact so I doubt charges are pressed. If there was contact that wasn't caught on video, then go after him. To this point I have to side with the fact that there is no evidence available to see anything other than Freese acting like a punk and being pulled away...

I have no dog in this fight but I have always enjoyed the rivalry and I hope the future games are not cancelled. Makes me wonder if ESPN wasn't already on the horn to each school about carrying the game next year in prime time. You know how lots of people like to go to racecar events because of the accidents.

Don't think so. Holloway was clearly referring to his own teammates and throwing them some "props" by referring to the as "gangstas." He was, however, articulate enough to clarify that they weren't "thugs", only gangstas.

 

Wasn't about 3 weeks or so ago that there was a really nice, touchy-feely story in the paper about loveable Holloway? :rolleyes:

 

Agreed. After seeing the clip a couple more times Holloway is talking about his own team.

 

Thanks for posting that GT. It clearly refutes the earlier allegations that Frease assaulted the lady from UC.

 

Add to the list of post game mistakes by XU, Coach Mack bringin his players back onto the court. That was just stupid. That team forfeited any right to celebrating that win with how they handled themselves.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.