Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

Good luck to both of these teams come NCAA tournament time. If both or if only one makes it, they will feel like their playing in Siberia....IMO....this will spill into years to come for both programs. They might as well just cut their losses with the players involved and played without. Because I think when the NCAA gets done with these 2, it will feel like the death penalty.....

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Without question. When his face heals I'd run the big boy for quite a while.

 

It's a pitiful display of sportsmanship on both sides.....We were watching down at the Green Derby in Newport and everybody there couldn't believe what was taking place....Not good!!!!

Good luck to both of these teams come NCAA tournament time. If both or if only one makes it, they will feel like their playing in Siberia....IMO....this will spill into years to come for both programs. They might as well just cut their losses with the players involved and played without. Because I think when the NCAA gets done with these 2, it will feel like the death penalty.....

 

I have no idea what you're saying. You think the selection committee is going to nail them for this? No chance.

I have no idea what you're saying. You think the selection committee is going to nail them for this? No chance.

 

And you think they will reward this crap no matter how good they are..... You are delusional!

I have no idea what you're saying. You think the selection committee is going to nail them for this? No chance.

 

If UC is on the bubble you can bet your behind they will be out because of what happened....You won't convince me otherwise....

And you think they will reward this crap no matter how good they are..... You are delusional!

 

The schools handled it. The conferences are happy with the suspensions. ZERO chance the selection committee does anything other than slot them where they believe they should be.

If UC is on the bubble you can bet your behind they will be out because of what happened....You won't convince me otherwise....

 

I disagree.

 

I will not put any effort into changing your mind.

In the past under Bob Huggins, it was believed at times UC wasn't properly seeded because of their image. I definitely think this incident could weigh on the minds of the selection committee if UC ends up being a bubble team. My personal opinion is the committee will not have to make that decision. UC does not look like a NCAA tournament team to me.

I'm not going to say I lost respect for Mick. He either was a bit emotional and spoke without thinking OR he got overruled.

 

His word do not reflect his actions. In my book, that is spineless either way you slice it.

So where was the Cincinnati police this whole time. I didn't or couldn't see if there were many or if any there at all. I don't know if it's just me but if this would of been Clyde and I pulling this crap in the stands, we both would of been arrested. The game was over. Why was Yancey treated any different than one of us would of been treated? I don't think this is over. If I'm a innocent bystander and I'm trying to calm the situation down and get jacked.....Someone is getting charged! Fact and not debatable.....

Huh.....I wonder what Sean Miller would of done with the suspensions. Probably exactly the same thing Mack was told to do by his superiors.....embarrassing on both teams....

In the past under Bob Huggins, it was believed at times UC wasn't properly seeded because of their image. I definitely think this incident could weigh on the minds of the selection committee if UC ends up being a bubble team. My personal opinion is the committee will not have to make that decision. UC does not look like a NCAA tournament team to me.

 

You think? :lol:

So where was the Cincinnati police this whole time. I didn't or couldn't see if there were many or if any there at all. I don't know if it's just me but if this would of been Clyde and I pulling this crap in the stands, we both would of been arrested. The game was over. Why was Yancey treated any different than one of us would of been treated? I don't think this is over. If I'm a innocent bystander and I'm trying to calm the situation down and get jacked.....Someone is getting charged! Fact and not debatable.....

 

And where are the police when the Red Sox and Yankees square off? They are in the stands. Same as they were here. What happens on the field (or court in this matter) is not controlled by the police. Its controlled by the officials, coaches, and players.

And where are the police when the Red Sox and Yankees square off? They are in the stands. Same as they were here. What happens on the field (or court in this matter) is not controlled by the police. Its controlled by the officials, coaches, and players.

 

Not technically true. There is nothing that legally prevents police from controlling these matters or filling charges. It's not as if a sports arena is somehow beyond police jurisdiction, but simply a matter of practice that police let the sports teams "police" themselves. But there certainly have been occasions where criminal charges were filed against athletes for their conduct on the field/court/ice. Rare, but it happens.

And where are the police when the Red Sox and Yankees square off? They are in the stands. Same as they were here. What happens on the field (or court in this matter) is not controlled by the police. Its controlled by the officials, coaches, and players.

 

To a certain degree you are correct. I hate to be that guy, but there is a point where legality come into play. IMO, this matter should be left on the court and not for the police. But it wasn't too far off for police intevention. It could have escalated further.

 

I just don't want to see this as a norm for STUDENT athletes. Unfortunately at some point one of these institutions are going to have to drop the hammer on a situation similar to this. Otherwise, I can see this happening again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.