December 10, 201114 yr Well looks like Gates season might be over. It looked like someone else kicked Frease in the head as well.
December 10, 201114 yr I missed the clip showing Frease get hit by Yates. I thought Frease was bloodied by the kick by #13 when Frease was on the ground.
December 10, 201114 yr I missed the clip showing Frease get hit by Yates. I thought Frease was bloodied by the kick by #13 when Frease was on the ground. He got punched in the face right before that. That is why he was falling.
December 10, 201114 yr I missed the clip showing Frease get hit by Yates. I thought Frease was bloodied by the kick by #13 when Frease was on the ground. I feel for Frease. He got the worst of it all by far. He's gunna be hurting for weeks.
December 10, 201114 yr I hope Gametime had a closeup of the action to tell us about it! Should be lots of suspensions.
December 10, 201114 yr TOTAL lack of class! Hoping the suspensions are servere! Gates will and should get the brunt of the outcome, as he should.
December 10, 201114 yr TOTAL lack of class! Hoping the suspensions are servere! Gates will and should get the brunt of the outcome, as he should. Yeah, Gates is definitely going to get the worst of it. An upperclassman definitely needs to have better control than that. There should be a lot of suspensions, and as someone else stated before, I would not be surprised if this is the last game we see from these 2 teams for awhile.
December 10, 201114 yr I am not so sure about a bunch of suspensions. It really looked worse than it was. I only saw a couple of actual punches thrown. The rest that I saw was a bunch of shoving. Wells might get something because of the big shove that started it all. Yates throwing a punch gets a suspension. #13 for UC definitely gets time off for kicking Frease when he was on the ground. I will say this. If I am Coach Mack, I take Tu Holloway into the trainer's room and tell him to look real close at Kenny Frease. Then I say the next time you want to run your mouth, think about that. Actually, maybe I have Frease stand up in front of the team and then deliver that message to all of them, especially Lyons because he was running his yapper too. Keep your mouth shut and play ball.
December 10, 201114 yr Well looks like Gates season might be over. It looked like someone else kicked Frease in the head as well. I saw that too, I'm not surprised. UC has always recruited some really swell guys with great attitudes.
December 10, 201114 yr Author Not saying what happened to Frease isn't sad or a horrible occurrence, but you would think a guy that big would be able to defend himself a little better. He was one punched then kicked on top of that, not a lot on the offensive end though.
December 10, 201114 yr I am not so sure about a bunch of suspensions. It really looked worse than it was. I only saw a couple of actual punches thrown. The rest that I saw was a bunch of shoving. Wells might get something because of the big shove that started it all. Yates throwing a punch gets a suspension. #13 for UC definitely gets time off for kicking Frease when he was on the ground. I will say this. If I am Coach Mack, I take Tu Holloway into the trainer's room and tell him to look real close at Kenny Frease. Then I say the next time you want to run your mouth, think about that. Actually, maybe I have Frease stand up in front of the team and then deliver that message to all of them, especially Lyons because he was running his yapper too. Keep your mouth shut and play ball. Still think its automatic if you leave your bench during a fight you get a suspension, so all but 10 players should get punished for that alone. If I am a coach and one of my players throws my arms away from him and/or throws me to the side to get to a player on the other team, he is gone! Hopefully there will be enough video to get every major player in the fight.
December 10, 201114 yr Not saying what happened to Frease isn't sad or a horrible occurrence, but you would think a guy that big would be able to defend himself a little better. He was one punched then kicked on top of that, not a lot on the offensive end though. Don't think he had much opportunity, as Gates' punch came out of a crowd, knocked him down; and then he got stomped on? Good to see UC is as classy as ever. Still a bunch of street thugs, just not as good at basketball as "Hugg's Thugs".
December 10, 201114 yr This is a sad a disgusting day to be a Bearcat fan. While the jawing by Holloway escalated things, you have to show some control in that situation. I've never liked Kenny Frease as long as he's been at X, but that was uncalled for. I sure hope the kid is OK. Gates should be done for the year... and maybe Cronin will be shown the door as well.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.