Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

The game story currently posted on UC's website says nothing about the fight.

 

Of course not. Did GT write it?:lol: j/k

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw it. Cronin needs to man up and suspend Gates indefintely. No different than the Blount punch at all.

 

I'm not all too confident that he will, IMO. I hope he has the man nuggets to do it though.

Still think its automatic if you leave your bench during a fight you get a suspension
That is an NBA rule. Does not apply in college...

And to think Huggins has been gone for a long time now.......:ohbrother:

I haven't seen anything except for the small clip shown on ESPN. From what little I did see, Gates is the perpetrator of a major cheap shot. Didn't see any kick, but halftime of KU/OSU is coming up, so I'm sure I'll get to see more.

 

Sad to see in one of college basketball's most intense rivalries.

I haven't seen anything except for the small clip shown on ESPN. From what little I did see, Gates is the perpetrator of a major cheap shot. Didn't see any kick, but halftime of KU/OSU is coming up, so I'm sure I'll get to see more.

 

Sad to see in one of college basketball's most intense rivalries.

 

Complete sucker punch, exactly like Lagarette Blount style. He blind sided a guy who was not looking, at least Blount's guy was looking. The kid was holding up another guy while Gates drilled him. If he plays another game at UC it will be disgrace.

 

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2011/12/10/xavier-cincinnati-brawl-video-features-yancy-gates-bloodying-kenny-frease/

That is an NBA rule. Does not apply in college...

 

Yet.

Gates will no doubt get a sizable suspension if not get kicked off the team. Mbodj will also be out a while for the kick. If there is any video of Octavious Ellis punching Walker 4 times in the face he will likely be sent back to Memphis, but I don't think there is any footage of that. I can see Wells getting a game or two for the push that set everything off. Likely nothing for Lyons and Holloway as I don't think there is video of the punches they threw. Same for Brad Redford.

 

This was brewing all game and could have been easily prevented by the officials but they did nothing to stop the jawing from either side from start to finish. Lyons and Holloway were trash talking the UC bench (players and coaches) the entire game and Cronin repeatedly asked the official standing right next to him to stop it and the guy told Cronin to shut up or he would get T'd. In a rivalry like this you cannot allow that stuff to happen if you want to keep emotions on both sides in check. They let it escalate and then watched it explode. Irresponsible work by the entire crew as I watched it unfold the entire game and zero was done to stop it...

I haven't seen anything except for the small clip shown on ESPN. From what little I did see, Gates is the perpetrator of a major cheap shot. Didn't see any kick, but halftime of KU/OSU is coming up, so I'm sure I'll get to see more.

 

Sad to see in one of college basketball's most intense rivalries.

 

You know how I am...especially about this game. This was a cheap shot, and he should be done IMO. It's making me rethink my allegiance to the Bearcats, especially if they go lightly on this.

Doug Gottlieb & his credit card says Gates should get a minimum of ten games.

 

Saw the replay. There was obviously a lot of jawing back and forth, but Xavier's Wells seemed to be the one who started the physical aspect of the confrontation by pushing UC's Guyn. Then everything went crazy.

Yet.

 

Not how rules work. Any player deemed "participating in the fight" by the A 10 for X and Big East for UC will face a mandatory 1 game suspension. That's the rule...

Evidently Holloway did not say the right things in a post game interview, calling the Xavier team "gangstas." Will X's administration step in? Black eye to the institution priding itself on academics and character.

You know how I am...especially about this game. This was a cheap shot, and he should be done IMO. It's making me rethink my allegiance to the Bearcats, especially if they go lightly on this.

 

Mick went off on his players for not acting accordingly as Xavier tried to instigate things and made it clear there would be harsh penalties handed out by himself, the AD and President. Will be interesting to see how strongly he backs it up...

Evidently Holloway did not say the right things in a post game interview, calling the Xavier team "gangstas." Will X's administration step in? Black eye to the institution priding itself on academics and character.

 

Mack was told of that after the game and basically brushed it off. Said they aren't always good with words in the media, and that he didn't mean it...

Gates will no doubt get a sizable suspension if not get kicked off the team. Mbodj will also be out a while for the kick. If there is any video of Octavious Ellis punching Walker 4 times in the face he will likely be sent back to Memphis, but I don't think there is any footage of that. I can see Wells getting a game or two for the push that set everything off. Likely nothing for Lyons and Holloway as I don't think there is video of the punches they threw. Same for Brad Redford.

 

This was brewing all game and could have been easily prevented by the officials but they did nothing to stop the jawing from either side from start to finish. Lyons and Holloway were trash talking the UC bench (players and coaches) the entire game and Cronin repeatedly asked the official standing right next to him to stop it and the guy told Cronin to shut up or he would get T'd. In a rivalry like this you cannot allow that stuff to happen if you want to keep emotions on both sides in check. They let it escalate and then watched it explode. Irresponsible work by the entire crew as I watched it unfold the entire game and zero was done to stop it...

 

Were there any T's or intentional fouls called prior to how the game ended?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.