Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

Were there any T's or intentional fouls called prior to how the game ended?

 

No. One warning issued to both benches after Mark Lyons spent the final possession of the 1st half jawing at the UC bench and almost started a rumble then. They had a chance to take control then and instead told the coaches after the break to make sure it didn't happen again. That alone is a reason they should have at least stopped play and made it clear that they were going to control the situation. Instead they let the jawing continue and things finally erupted...

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. One warning issued to both benches after Mark Lyons spent the final possession of the 1st half jawing at the UC bench and almost started a rumble then. They had a chance to take control then and instead told the coaches after the break to make sure it didn't happen again. That alone is a reason they should have at least stopped play and made it clear that they were going to control the situation. Instead they let the jawing continue and things finally erupted...

 

Then I agree with your notion that the officials didn't do enough. I saw enough of the first half clips that warranted a technical be given. Still not sure if that would prevent the fight, but at least they could have done what was within their power.

 

I remember UK/UL when Cousins elbowed Swop two years ago. Refs stepped in and took control by calling touchy fouls and even issuing either technicals or intentionals. In that instance, things did indeed calm down.

Mick went off on his players for not acting accordingly as Xavier tried to instigate things and made it clear there would be harsh penalties handed out by himself, the AD and President. Will be interesting to see how strongly he backs it up...

 

I'm watching the presser now. so far I like what I'm hearing.

Well, I have seen the clip a couple more times now and it is worse than I originally thought. There are going to be several suspensions. I saw a clip with Wells throwing punches so he is going to get even more of a suspension than just because of the shove that started things. I don't know about gone for the season for Gates. Probably the severity of the suspension will depend on the severity of Frease's injury. If anything is broken on Frease, then Gates may be gone. Either way, 10 games is probably the starting point. I see Wells missing 5 games for the push that started things and for throwing punches later in the brawl. Modj is getting several games for the stomp. I am sure there is more video that will show more than what I just listed here.

Well, I have seen the clip a couple more times now and it is worse than I originally thought. There are going to be several suspensions. I saw a clip with Wells throwing punches so he is going to get even more of a suspension than just because of the shove that started things. I don't know about gone for the season for Gates. Probably the severity of the suspension will depend on the severity of Frease's injury. If anything is broken on Frease, then Gates may be gone. Either way, 10 games is probably the starting point. I see Wells missing 5 games for the push that started things and for throwing punches later in the brawl. Modj is getting several games for the stomp. I am sure there is more video that will show more than what I just listed here.

 

From what I've seen of it, I agree with what you say.

Running your mouth like a thug is classless and immature, but start swinging and kicking and you take it to another level of thugdom.

 

I wouldn't think it impossible that Gates and whoever kicked Frease could see criminal charges.

 

I really like the way Cronin handled himself in his press conference.

Mack was told of that after the game and basically brushed it off. Said they aren't always good with words in the media, and that he didn't mean it...

 

Mack's an idiot for putting those guys in front of the media.

I bash him all the time, but major respect for Cronin and the way he came across in the presser.

Wow. Xavier administration has to be so very proud of Lyons and Holloway. They represented themselves and their school in their interview as classless, disrespectful, immature, ignorant, street thugs . . . . .

 

They showed their true colors. About time both were exposed...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.