December 10, 201114 yr You know the saying, Garbage in, garbage out." There you have it. UC's program is garbage and Cronoin is the garbage collector. Thos are his kids, he is soley responsible. I'd fire him tomorrow.I'd wait to see what he does in the next few days, but going by his presser, he is going in the right direction. Will he? I don't know, will X? I agree with GT on what should at least happen to the UC players involved.
December 10, 201114 yr I'd wait to see what he does in the next few days, but going by his presser, he is going in the right direction. Will he? I don't know, will X? I think he will suspend them. But the character of his recruits has been exposed nationally. Huggs may have had some similar issues, but he won. Cronin has not won anything. He's been given a pass and now has this on his resume. I'd can him
December 10, 201114 yr That press conference makes X look horrible. Amazing they would let them go out there after all that. Idiotic comments. No doubt. Cronin definitely handled the post game better especially by not allowing the players to speak.
December 10, 201114 yr I think he will suspend them. But the character of his recruits has been exposed nationally. Huggs may have had some similar issues, but he won. Cronin has not won anything. He's been given a pass and now has this on his resume. I'd can him You could find very few high D1 programs that don't have some "character issues" on their team. I don't know that UC's is especially worse than most. I do like how Mick has dealt with some of his problem children in the past and I think he'll do the right thing now. That being said, I totally agree that if you are going to have these types of problems with your program, you better win and win consistently so as to keep the masses from focusing on these issues. He very well may be looking at his final season at UC, as I don't think things are going to get much more rosey in Clifton for the remainder of this year.
December 10, 201114 yr You must be very talented to be able to watch five or six persons surrounding you at the same time, some of them only in your peripheral vision, discern which one is most likely to hit you first, and then react to that attack - all while there is screaming and craziness going on around you. You're seriously not criticizing him for going "into the mob" to help his teammates, right? What teammates was he helping? Watch the video. He was the lead Musketeeer going into the fray.
December 10, 201114 yr What teammates was he helping? Watch the video. He was the lead Musketeeer going into the fray. Trying to push everyone back and keep players away from his team mates.
December 10, 201114 yr What teammates was he helping? Watch the video. He was the lead Musketeeer going into the fray. It certainly looks to me as though he's simply trying to keep space between UC players and his teammate that had already been hit. He did not appear, from the video I watched, to go into UC players swinging or on the attack. He simply had his arms extended out in front of him. What is it you see him doing?
December 11, 201114 yr Push, shove, trash-talk, whatever. Throw punches in a sporting event and that privilege should be revoked.
December 11, 201114 yr Those who criticize Frease for getting hit are blaming the victim and are ignorantly rationalizing their distorted view. So he shouldn't have been aware that someone may want to cause harm to him in that situation?
December 11, 201114 yr Statement from the UC President... University of Cincinnati president Dr. Gregory H. Williams released the following statement this evening in response to the incident at the end of this afternoon's UC vs. Xavier University men's basketball game: "I'm extremely disappointed with what happened at the end of today's Crosstown Shootout. I am reviewing this situation with (athletic director) Whit Babcock and (UC men's basketball head coach) Mick Cronin and we are working to ensure this will never happen again. I appreciate Coach Cronin's strong post-game comments and I want to support his position that this behavior is not what we expect of representatives of the University of Cincinnati. We will thoroughly investigate this incident and will act swiftly and firmly. We hold our student-athletes to a high standard and this behavior will not be tolerated."
December 11, 201114 yr Trying to push everyone back and keep players away from his team mates. I can see that reasoning. Should he not have been more aware of his surroundings? Should he not have expected to have been hit?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.