December 11, 201114 yr I see him doing what you are saying. I am simply saying he should have been more aware that some one may try to hurt him. That is all that has been said from the jump. If I enter into the mob to try to make it peaceful I am going in knowing I may a.) get physically harmed b.) going in protecting myself and c.) keeping an eye on everyone in front of me or in my peripheral. Maybe it is because I have been struck like that before and learned my lesson. I didn't want him to get hit I just hoped he would have been more prepared and aware of what was going on. He's lucky he wasn't hurt worse. I'm sorry, but when you get into an incident like that you tend to get tunnel vision. There is no peripheral, you truly only see what you are focusing on. And obviously he wasn't focused on Gates' right cross coming from cheap shot land.
December 11, 201114 yr After reading through some of the posts and seeing the presser...Xavier should be very very embarrassed for how Tu Holloway handled himself at the presser. The SID at XU should be reprimanded for allowing those kids to attend the presser. Gates should get at least a 10 game suspension. What a trainwreck he is. Xavier should be greatly embarrassed for the presser. I give Cronin props for his strong words...but his actions will speak louder.
December 11, 201114 yr Statement from the UC President... University of Cincinnati president Dr. Gregory H. Williams released the following statement this evening in response to the incident at the end of this afternoon's UC vs. Xavier University men's basketball game: "I'm extremely disappointed with what happened at the end of today's Crosstown Shootout. I am reviewing this situation with (athletic director) Whit Babcock and (UC men's basketball head coach) Mick Cronin and we are working to ensure this will never happen again. I appreciate Coach Cronin's strong post-game comments and I want to support his position that this behavior is not what we expect of representatives of the University of Cincinnati. We will thoroughly investigate this incident and will act swiftly and firmly. We hold our student-athletes to a high standard and this behavior will not be tolerated." Welcome to UC, Whit.
December 11, 201114 yr After reading through some of the posts and seeing the presser...Xavier should be very very embarrassed for how Tu Holloway handled himself at the presser. The SID at XU should be reprimanded for allowing those kids to attend the presser. yes this was an awful decision Gates should get at least a 10 game suspension. What a trainwreck he is. I've tried to be a supporter of this kid, but not after today. I don't think he suits up again at UC Xavier should be greatly embarrassed for the presser.pretty poorly handled all around. I give Cronin props for his strong words...but his actions will speak louder. I believe he will this time. I think he knows how much his job is hanging in the balance now for sure.
December 11, 201114 yr Freese. http://touch.lockerz.com//s/163839766 WOW! That's not going to help Yancey's case.
December 11, 201114 yr There are report of Mick's crazy brother Dan and Mick's dad challenging people to a fight at halftime.
December 11, 201114 yr UC fans are saying Frease went into the stands and slapper the lady so hard that her phone flew 20 feet. Zero chance this happened without it being on film somewhere. Should be pretty easy to prove or refute.
December 11, 201114 yr I'm sorry, but when you get into an incident like that you tend to get tunnel vision. There is no peripheral, you truly only see what you are focusing on. And obviously he wasn't focused on Gates' right cross coming from cheap shot land. Gates definitely Carmelo punched him. See posts 142 and 150.
December 11, 201114 yr Didn't read through all 4 pages but I think its funny how a lot on here all putting the blame on UC and calling them thugs when it was Holloway and Lyons running their mouths the entire game and even cussing at uc coaches at the end...you wanna talk classless, that's classless. Also, watch the video. Mick was trying to call a timeout before the incident happened and the ref ignored him. Refs are #1 to blame for this. Both sides were extremely wrong and I condone none of this, but... 1. When Tu and Guyn were jawing, none of that even happens if Wellz doesn't come in and blindside Guyn and push him down. 2. Holloway says they have "gangstas" in their lockerroom, but yet UC are the thugs?? 3. Watch the video...BOTH teams threw punches and Ellis had both Wellz and Lyons coming at him throwing punches at the same time...but again I guess that gets overlooked as well, right? 4. What yancy did was unacceptable but let's not crucify the guy. While both teams threw punches, he just happened to get the best shot in. Also, didn't see any video but heard Sean Kilpatrick got "sucker punched" as well by an X player. Bottom line is this... Both teams were wrong and THE PLAYERS INVOLVED showed a lack of class but let's not call one team thugs when the other team was doing twhe same things. Tu and Lyons comments in the presser pretty much summed up their character....as well as their coach. Mack is the head coach but says he doesnt have control over suspensions when asked about it?!? YOU ARE THE HEAD COACH!! Now that shows a lack of class more than anything. Atleast Mick stood up like a man and accepted the responsibility for his players actions and said he will hold them accountable, outside of what the league has to say. The following players should all be suspended for their actions: UC- Gates (minimum 10 games), Mbodj (7-10 games), Ellis (3-5 games), Guyn (3-5 games) XU- Wellz (5-10 games), Lyons (5-10 games), Holloway (3-5 games), Redford (1 game) Those are all the players that threw punches. I know there were 2 more bench players for X that threw a punch at Gates but not sure of the names.
December 11, 201114 yr Anymore on the alleged incident between Freese and Coach Davis' wife? Finally getting some of the info between people that saw it sorted out. The incident was when X came back on the floor after UC left. Freese jumped up on the chairs courtside and that is when something happened between him and the wife of a UC assistant. A police report for assault was filed and there is a 72 hour window to press charges. The guy I know sitting closest to the incident said when Freese jumped up she put her arms up as protection and he swiped at her making contact and sending the phone in her hand flying. That is what I know after things have calmed down tonight...
December 11, 201114 yr Didn't read through all 4 pages but I think its funny how a lot on here all putting the blame on UC and calling them thugs when it was Holloway and Lyons running their mouths the entire game and even cussing at uc coaches at the end...you wanna talk classless, that's classless. You might wanna read the thread then because plenty of people are saying the same about X players.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.