Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

Tu Holloway - "We're grown men over here. We got a whole bunch of gangsters in the locker room."

 

"Gangstas"

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There aren't many kids in any program that "get it" like former Vandy now X player Andre Walker:

 

@FebrezeBrother: As a member of Xavier University and the basketball team, we all apologize for what happened today

Kick Gates off the team, plain and simple.

What did the X players say at the presser?

 

How tough they are because they're from NY.

 

Terrible.

Look for Mark Lyons to get some sort of suspension also. I just saw another clip that showed him throwing a punch. I also saw a clip of Gates throwing a punch at another player after the Frease incident so Gates may be done. Shame on the UC staff for not getting Yates under control and out of there after he had already thrown one punch. As bad as the foot stomping incident was, I hate to see that player be gone for the season. Emotions are high and these are still immature young men.

Kick Gates off the team, plain and simple.

 

You can't kick him off if you don't kick off the big kid #13.

Look for Mark Lyons to get some sort of suspension also. I just saw another clip that showed him throwing a punch. .

 

He did. Wells did as well.

 

Redford did nothing except fend off some guy who was looking for someone to hit.

Some of Holloway's postgame remarks:

 

"I talked to that whole staff (referring to UC coaches and players). I said this is my city. I'm cut from a different cloth. None of them guys on their team is like me. I let the whole staff know none of them was like me."

 

"We got a whole bunch of gangsters in the locker room."

 

"That's what the Crosstown Shootout is about. Guys getting ejected, guys throwing elbows."

 

"You don't let people disrespect you. That's what I'm about. I don't regret anything that happened."

 

"That's what you're going to see from Xavier and Cincinnati. We got disrespected a little bit before the game."

 

"We went out there and zipped them up at the end of the game."

 

 

This was after he told a reporter to tweet, "XU put them in a body bag."

 

No need for any apologists to remind us he's still a kid. He's not (he's 22). He is a punk though.

Edited by mcpapa

You can't kick him off if you don't kick off the big kid #13.

 

Who is 14. Dude looked like a Tazmznian devil at the end of it.

You can't kick him off if you don't kick off the big kid #13.

Both should be done.

There aren't many kids in any program that "get it" like former Vandy now X player Andre Walker:

 

@FebrezeBrother: As a member of Xavier University and the basketball team, we all apologize for what happened today

 

Not surpised. You could see how smart a young man he is by the way he played on the court. I really liked his game today.

You know the saying, Garbage in, garbage out." There you have it. UC's program is garbage and Cronoin is the garbage collector. Thos are his kids, he is soley responsible. I'd fire him tomorrow.

I've never been in a street brawl but if I run into an agitated mob you better believe I will be fully aware of who can hit me. Especially someone who is in my peripheral. He was pushing UC players away. I'd have been grabbing my own teammates and pulling them away from the mob instead of going to the opposition and push them away. It is unfortunate he was hit but when watching the video I can't say I am surprised. He was walking straight into the mob of UC players.

 

You must be very talented to be able to watch five or six persons surrounding you at the same time, some of them only in your peripheral vision, discern which one is most likely to hit you first, and then react to that attack - all while there is screaming and craziness going on around you. You're seriously not criticizing him for going "into the mob" to help his teammates, right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.