December 11, 201114 yr Since that seemed to be the X student section, it looked like he could be slapping fives with the fans. No way to tell definitively with that poor quality video.If one has not been tot he Cintas Center this is a bad angle to determine the student section just on this video, but he was pointing right into UC fans seats directly behind the UC bench. Interesting that everyone on the court was XU, yet two men had to push Frease back after he first went to the stands? Why him and no other XU player? A man in a white shirt and a man in a suit had to hold him back, the man in the suit actually shoves him back after he swings into the stands and you see a lady in red fall to the right of the screen. Then Frease comes back into the crowd and has the be restrained by XU people again? And they had to bear hug him and get him away? Odd! If he did make contact with her, I hope charges are filed and they don't settle. I hope XU would take action as well, and not let the "conference" decide on these matters.
December 11, 201114 yr Same criticisms are levied against NBA players (primarily black) when they have dust-ups. It's definitely a double-standard. I can't really speak for the double standard, but student athletes (white or black) have no business acting like this in any collegiate sport period. I can understand a shoving match, but a brawl is taking it to a whole new level. There were guys out there that absolutely wanted to cause physical harm to someone else. Its not like they were defending themselves against someone else. They went looking for someone to hit.
December 11, 201114 yr If one has not been tot he Cintas Center this is a bad angle to determine the student section just on this video, but he was pointing right into UC fans seats directly behind the UC bench. Interesting that everyone on the court was XU, yet two men had to push Frease back after he first went to the stands? Why him and no other XU player? A man in a white shirt and a man in a suit had to hold him back, the man in the suit actually shoves him back after he swings into the stands and you see a lady in red fall to the right of the screen. Then Frease comes back into the crowd and has the be restrained by XU people again? And they had to bear hug him and get him away? Odd! If he did make contact with her, I hope charges are filed and they don't settle. I hope XU would take action as well, and not let the "conference" decide on these matters. Agree!:thumb:
December 11, 201114 yr This is the 4th year in a row there has been an altercation of some sort. 4 years ago Freese headbutted Gates. 3 years ago Lance Stephenson and Holloway/Lyons nearly came to blows and multiple technicals were issued. Last year Holloway punched Ibrahima Thomas, but the officials didn't catch it and Thomas calmly walked away. This has been brewing for a long time. Today it erupted... we keep seeing the same names pop up here...all 3 were involved today too.
December 11, 201114 yr The hostility of a home & home is what I mean. I'm thinking a neutral court is worth a try. Again, this is all based on what GT says, and he's reliable IMO. US Bank Arena? That's the only neutral court that makes sense. To back up GT's statement, all of those things indeed happened the past 4 years. It's been building between most of the guys involved this time for 4 years. As a UC fan, I'd hate to see this game go away, but things have escalated to a place they never should have.
December 11, 201114 yr we keep seeing the same names pop up here...all 3 were involved today too. Granted we keep seeing those names, pretty much deflecting the real problem here, the thugs in black and red.
December 11, 201114 yr More Freese footage at 1:35 of this video... http://www.fox19.com/category/195974/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6537179
December 11, 201114 yr What did he do? point his finger and yell at UC fans? I want to see more Gates pumping left jabs and throwing over hand rights. And 13 with the head stomp, and 14 going absolutely nuts. Why won't you post more of that?...
December 11, 201114 yr Granted we keep seeing those names, pretty much deflecting the real problem here, the thugs in black and red. So the gangstas in blue and white are innocent? Give me a break. Gates has a huge hand in this, as I've said before, but so does Holloway.
December 11, 201114 yr So the gangstas in blue and white are innocent? Give me a break. Gates has a huge hand in this, as I've said before, but so does Holloway. Not innocent at all. But in the end we all saw who lost total control. X goaded those guys into it, and they went hook line and sinker. Any X guys in danger of having their careers ended with this? They played the UC players, and UC showed what they are made of in their reaction.
December 11, 201114 yr As time has progressed and I have been able to digest the whole issue, UC has handled the post game stuff brilliantly and Xavier has simply dropped the ball. The significance of this brawl and the coverage that this has received from all over the country demanded a swift condemnation of the event and strong language to get to the bottom of it and tough rhetoric in regards to what would happen going forward. You got that from UC. You did not get that from Xavier. Granted UC's public perception, and for years Huggins used that to UC's advantage, and their perception is not as glossy as it is perceived for Xavier. Xavier has dropped the ball from an administrative standpoint. Sure, Mack came out with some condemnation of the event, but it was not quick and decisive as it needed to be. Great video find GT. I looked all over last night for some different angles of the fight. I couldn't find any. Frease has a history as well, and he is a thug. I give Cronin a lot of credit for his stance in the presser. They lost the game but won the press conference. Now Cronin will have to back up his words, as he has painted himself into a corner by saying if his players "don't act the part they will not be a part of the team." With this video surfacing, can anyone with at least a half of a brain explain why these players were made available to the public in that press conference, and secondly, who thought it would be a good idea for Xavier to come down and celebrate with their students right along the UC bench, after the game? Ugly ugly ugly....the game needs a hiatus.
December 11, 201114 yr More Freese footage at 1:35 of this video... http://www.fox19.com/category/195974/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6537179 Hmmm, as I said above that other clip was a bad angle, even with slowing it down to frame by frame it wasn't the best angle.
December 11, 201114 yr Wow, 5 pages! I take it that there was a little interest in this one. Now for my 2cents, I 110% agree with and admire Coach Cronin on his strong statements. I was going to say the same thing but he spoke for me and no doubt alot of people. There is absolutely no place for that kind of crap in college sports. Fans went to watch basketball and a hockey game broke out to say the very least. I don't follow either team very closely as to know each name and that kind of thing. From what I could tell the X player (#20 I believe) did instigate things but in no way should it have escalated to what happened. Cincy player #34 should be suspended by the league for more than the one game rule and Cronin would be justified to suspend him for alot longer if not for the rest of the seadon. The Thug that kicked the X player in the head would be off my team immediately! From Cronin's remarks he will, I would revoke his scholly but if the administration wouldn't allow it that would not change his status with me, me woud never walk on a UC basketball court again. The kid from X that ran his mouth on the floor and in the presser would be gone, the other "band of spokesmen" that spoke up in the presser would serve suspensions for however many games that the coach and admin decided on. Those kids were representing Xavier University in that presser and painted a very bad picture of the University. Actually, along with the "main spokesman,#20" I would seriously consider booting the other "mouth". They say they were men", what a joke. My opinions may seem too much to some but so be it. That is how I feel and one other step that imo could be considered is to suspend the series between the two schools for a few years. I can say that I am now an even bigger N. Cronin fan. I liked his coaching before but now admire him as a coach by his statements about his players and how it would not be tolerated on his watch.
December 11, 201114 yr As time has progressed and I have been able to digest the whole issue, UC has handled the post game stuff brilliantly and Xavier has simply dropped the ball. The significance of this brawl and the coverage that this has received from all over the country demanded a swift condemnation of the event and strong language to get to the bottom of it and tough rhetoric in regards to what would happen going forward. You got that from UC. You did not get that from Xavier. Granted UC's public perception, and for years Huggins used that to UC's advantage, and their perception is not as glossy as it is perceived for Xavier. Xavier has dropped the ball from an administrative standpoint. Sure, Mack came out with some condemnation of the event, but it was not quick and decisive as it needed to be. Great video find GT. I looked all over last night for some different angles of the fight. I couldn't find any. Frease has a history as well, and he is a thug. I give Cronin a lot of credit for his stance in the presser. They lost the game but won the press conference. Now Cronin will have to back up his words, as he has painted himself into a corner by saying if his players "don't act the part they will not be a part of the team." With this video surfacing, can anyone with at least a half of a brain explain why these players were made available to the public in that press conference, and secondly, who thought it would be a good idea for Xavier to come down and celebrate with their students right along the UC bench, after the game? Ugly ugly ugly....the game needs a hiatus. Very well said! I certainly agree with everything in this post. Xavier looked bad in their respone,very bad.
December 11, 201114 yr both teams are to blame. A black eye to college basketball and the city of cincinnati. Stop taking sides on this to back up your school. Both schools have to look in the mirror and do what is right. This is going to linger for a long time and the way each handles it will be very important
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.