Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

X/UC fight....

Featured Replies

Look at the quote you quoted. That's not what he said. He said they'll address it and then see what the conference feels. The conference was cool with their decision.

 

The rest of what he said.

 

"We'll move forward after they (A10) do their due diligence and look at the film and make their (A10) decisions."

 

There is no question X initially planned to let the A10 decide their fate. Bobinski said it and so did Mack. There was nothing about we will handle it following the game...

  • Replies 354
  • Views 40.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. One warning issued to both benches after Mark Lyons spent the final possession of the 1st half jawing at the UC bench ..

 

The above comment is on par for how you've covered this story.

 

Watch the beginning of this video and tell me where you see Cheeks spending "the final possession of the 1st half jawing at the UC bench."

 

He turned around after the buzzer went off while the kid from UC was yapping at him.

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/12/10/video-crosstown-shootout-brawl/

GT, you need some better sources or listen to the guy that told you the truth about Frease. It's obvious from the video there was no contact. Frease was too far away. Bang on him all day for yelling at the fans but don't keep putting out there what people "in the know" say because you've seen the video. It didn't happen.

 

For someone who is "in the media" you've come across like a typical irrational fan.

The above comment is on par for how you've covered this story.

 

Watch the beginning of this video and tell me where you see Cheeks spending "the final possession of the 1st half jawing at the UC bench."

 

He turned around after the buzzer went off while the kid from UC was yapping at him.

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/12/10/video-crosstown-shootout-brawl/

 

Is the UC player in the warmup jacket jawing with Lyons at the end of the half Octavius Ellis? He was the first guy off UC's bench to rush the floor and takes a montrous slug at someone right off the bat. Kid is remarkably mouthy for someone who has played all of 25 minutes this year. If I'm Cronin, I have to question whether I want to put up with four years of this punk.

GT, you need some better sources or listen to the guy that told you the truth about Frease. It's obvious from the video there was no contact. Frease was too far away. Bang on him all day for yelling at the fans but don't keep putting out there what people "in the know" say because you've seen the video. It didn't happen.

 

For someone who is "in the media" you've come across like a typical irrational fan.

 

Freese was close enough to smack the cell phone out of her hand and send it flying 20 feet. That happened. Fact and not debatable...

The above comment is on par for how you've covered this story.

 

Watch the beginning of this video and tell me where you see Cheeks spending "the final possession of the 1st half jawing at the UC bench."

 

He turned around after the buzzer went off while the kid from UC was yapping at him.

 

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2011/12/10/video-crosstown-shootout-brawl/

 

Where is the video of the 15 seconds prior to that where Lyons is standing in that corner jawing. Ask your boy Broering. He saw the same thing I did. I do appreciate the multiple personal attacks you have launched at me through this. Par for the course...

Where is the video of the 15 seconds prior to that where Lyons is standing in that corner jawing. Ask your boy Broering. He saw the same thing I did. I do appreciate the multiple personal attacks you have launched at me through this. Par for the course...

 

Went to the DVR.

 

You are 100% correct.

 

My apologies.

Freese was close enough to smack the cell phone out of her hand and send it flying 20 feet. That happened. Fact and not debatable...

 

Dude, watch the video. He's not close enough to hit her. Makes no contact. After our boy grabs Kenny it looks like she then THROWS her phone.

 

She ABSOLUTELY throws something .

On a side note to BGPer the bald dude whose head we see the back of while pulling Kenny Frease off of the bench is a former BGPer.

All that respect Mick earned, he just threw it all away. What a complete coward. Those suspensions are a joke. Mick is a joke.

 

Exactly.

 

Mick, you lost your mojo from your presser. Mick lost it. I guess now it is easy to see why his players lost control. Spineless!!!

I guess I'll throw some thoughts out here as well....

1. I could not care at all about college basketball (or professional for that matter).

2. I am a XU grad, and I am embarrassed by what happened at the game.

3. I am even more embarrassed by what took place at press conference. If those 2 basketball players from X earn degrees, it discredits the quality of my diploma.

4. The disciplinary action taken by X is a joke. Apparently XU has traded integrity and character for a couple of wins.

 

What has happened to sportsmanship? Talking trash and individualism has completely ruined sports at almost every level.

Coaches fail to be accountable for players actions, Officials tolerate constant nonsense.

The game needs to be played on the court and on the field, not with the mouth.

 

Young athletes need to learn to respect the game they are playing, and if they can't do that then the coaches and game officials have the responsibility to not let them on the court.

 

Win with class, lose with dignity.

Freese was close enough to smack the cell phone out of her hand and send it flying 20 feet. That happened. Fact and not debatable...

 

I don't see it in either video link you posted. He looks to far away from the fans to make contact with anyone. Also, the UC fans do not react as if he slapped the phone out of a women's hand.

 

I do think Frease looks silly screaming at middle aged women.

Originally I liked what I heard from Cronin's pressconference. However, now it sounds like he is already starting to make some excuses to justify some lessened suspensions. From the Katz article:

 

Cronin said he never saw Mbodj stomp on Frease. He said Mbodj missed Frease "but that's irrelevant. The whole thing is frustrating because it shouldn't have happened. Whether or not somebody charged at you, and there are camera angles that show Yancy was being charged, there's no excuse. It wasn't showing restraint. There's got to be punishment."

 

Sure, he says there is no excuse but it there is no excuse why try to point out that Mbodj didn't actually connect on his stomp or that Gates was being charged--which is ridiculous, he came in from the side throwing haymakers.

 

At the 1:32 mark of this video, it looks like the stomp lands squarely on the middle of Frease's back.

 

http://www.fox19.com/category/195974/video-landing-page?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6537179

Exactly.

 

Mick, you lost your mojo from your presser. Mick lost it. I guess now it is easy to see why his players lost control. Spineless!!!

 

I'm not going to say I lost respect for Mick. He either was a bit emotional and spoke without thinking OR he got overruled.

I do think Frease looks silly screaming at middle aged women.

 

Without question. When his face heals I'd run the big boy for quite a while.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.