Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 73 North Carolina 72

Featured Replies

  • Author
Are you kidding? 0% chance UK doesn't retain #1.

 

Why would I be kidding? No, I don't think it will happen that they don't retain, but they were far from a unanimous #1 the past week and Ohio State had as impressive a result if not a more impressive one.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3pt fg's UNC 11-18 UK 4-17

 

Really impressive win considering that stat. UK dominated the paint scoring 36-14.

 

Points in the paint really stood out for me, because every one thought that UNC's big men would push UK's around.

Why would I be kidding? No, I don't think it will happen that they don't retain, but they were far from a unanimous #1 the past week and Ohio State had as impressive a result if not a more impressive one.

 

C'mon, you can't be serious...

  • Author
C'mon, you can't be serious...

 

I don't feel the need to repeat it again.

Top 5 draft pick IMO.

 

Let's not get carried away.

UNC will not shoot that well again this season. Great win for the BBN. I knew the boys would find a way. Gonna be a great season. Cal 38-0 at Rupp.

 

I'm thinking they do, because if they don't, it doesn't speak very highly of UK's perimeter defense going forward. Gotta figure they'll play a team worse on defense somewhere down the line. It's not like they were hitting tons of shots heavily guarded in the first half (when they were 9-for-13 on threes). They just took advantage of poor defense, a defense that played much better in the second half.

 

On another note: Everybody loves thrilling last-second game-winning shots, but I might argue that nothing in basketball is more thrilling than a game-winning blocked shot.

Let's not get carried away.

 

I don't see why not. He's an incredible talent, combined with a champion's passion and mentality. He can be the face of a franchise for years to come. He has that IT factor that just leads to wins, while filling up the stat sheet. Today he looked like the better player between him and Barnes. Barnes is a projected top 3.

Rupp was rockin today ! Section 223 was electric today !! Go Big Blue !!!

I don't see why not. He's an incredible talent, combined with a champion's passion and mentality. He can be the face of a franchise for years to come. He has that IT factor that just leads to wins, while filling up the stat sheet. Today he looked like the better player between him and Barnes. Barnes is a projected top 3.

 

He may be a top pick but the kid still has a long way to go before he will be a factor in the league. I love his effort, I just wish he wouldn't jack up so many jumpers since he is great going to the hoop.

Great win, I was working, so only got to see bits, and pieces of the game. Two comments from CBS's # 1 team that really made me laugh.

 

 

Clark Kellog while commenting on the fact that the foul on Henson should have been two shots, while they were battling for a rebound.

 

"He had two hands on the ball, so that's a good call. Definitely a 2 shot foul. " Huh?

 

 

 

Nantz when UNC let the time run out after the Davis block.

 

" I think Carolina was stunned after the block. They still had plenty of time left on the clock. They could have called a timeout. "

 

Really Jim? UNC is going to call a timeout with UK in possesion of the ball?

 

 

I owe Jim Nantz an apology. I was trying to watch, and listen while I could at work today. I DVR'd the game, and went back, and watched it completely. I misunderstood Nantz. He said UNC still had time to foul, not call a time out. I'm getting old, and get hear that well anymore I guess.

I thought that the defensive effort in the 2nd half was far better than early on. I thought that in the first half UK was not playing as a team as they should be, too much standing around as well. Some very good adjustments were made at the half and imo the Cats played much better "team" basketball than in the first half. Lamb came up with some big shots/plays, ended up with 14pts. Kid Gilchrist looked really good again. Four players in double figures showed UK with the balanced attack that is needed to beat good teams.

With this week off I am sure that Cal will get more problems addressed and worked out. This U.K. team is scary in how good they can be by March. "Nothing is finer than beating Carolina"

 

GO BIG BLUE !!!......" The Commonwealth's Team"

I wouldn't say he just isn't good.

 

Now if your saying he just isn't good as in just isn't as good as Rose, Wall, Knight, etc. and where they were at this point then yeah I will agree with that. But to say he just isn't good really isn't a fair assessment of the actual talent Marquis Teague has. Today he tried to do way too much, he missed clutch free throws late and had a couple horrible shot attempts. But to be fair, other than when Lamb is running point who else are you going to have on the floor? Polson? Malone? Beckham when he gets eligible? No matter if you like the guy or not he's going to be the guy with the ball in his hands this year for UK, he is the point guard. He hasn't lived up to a lot of hype yet but Teague has the tools to be a good player. There's guys out there in college basketball you may want more, but that list isn't high, regardless of grade class. He is a freshman and is going to make freshman mistakes while he continues to feel things out and get a feel for the game. To say he just isn't good doesn't really seem fair.

 

 

 

It's tough to come in and compete on such a high level as a freshman point guard, there's going to be some bumps in the road and there's going to be a learning curve. Once this offense gets a feel on how to score and how to get each other going Teague will have the same feel. His quickness off the bounce and ability to blow by and get in the paint is going to be able to run this team. For Teague it's just a matter of doing the right things and making the right decisions with the ball when it matters. I think these are things that will continue to get better the more the season drags on.

 

 

You make a good point. At times I get very frustrated with him and part of it is Cal spoiling us with Wall and Knight. Still tons of games left and I can only hope he matures into a floor leader. I can live with him taking some shots and I don't mind him blowing by defenders to the hoop but he must understand that he should be the 5th option at best on the offensive end and that's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I would have bet the farm that Teague missed that BIG 1 and bonus. The guy is just not a good shooter...from any range. Maybe he'll get better with time.

Davis saved the day!! WHEW!!!

Points in the paint really stood out for me, because every one thought that UNC's big men would push UK's around.

I was one of those. I underestimated the value of length.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.