December 3, 201114 yr Man, I have friends who are big UNC fans, and I have to be honest. It feels so good to shut them up. They were talking so much crap since the schedule came out and talked non-stop about the beatdown the CATS would get on 12/3. Take a seat boys!
December 3, 201114 yr Pretty darn impressive. It will be a great night to be in Lexington. Like was already said, to beat a UNC team that is as good as they are from top to bottom WHEN they make 11 threes is crazy. First two possessions for the Cats after half time really set the tone. This was a very convincing W. On another note, UNC misses two dunks. How much differently does the game get played from then on out if those go down?
December 3, 201114 yr Great win, I was working, so only got to see bits, and pieces of the game. Two comments from CBS's # 1 team that really made me laugh. Clark Kellog while commenting on the fact that the foul on Henson should have been two shots, while they were battling for a rebound. "He had two hands on the ball, so that's a good call. Definitely a 2 shot foul. " Huh? That one your kind of taking out of context I believe. If I can remember correctly he was going on about it being a shot foul instead of an out of bounds. He was pretty much saying he wasn't sure why exactly Carolina got the foul called in the act of shooting when they were all going up for the loose ball off the rebound. I guess he was saying it could have went either way but that he didn't think Henson was in a shooting position but rather going up for the rebound. Then when they went to replay he looked at it and said, good call he had possession of the ball, the two hands comment was probably about possession, he had possession with two hands and was in the act of shooting. Or at least thats how I took this series of events.
December 3, 201114 yr Most entertaining regular season game I can recall in recent memory. Rupp as loud as I have ever heard it. Mike DeCoursey said more NBA scouts in attendance than he'd ever seen, and I think MKG may have just played himself into some large dollars.
December 3, 201114 yr Most entertaining regular season game I can recall in recent memory. Rupp as loud as I have ever heard it. Mike DeCoursey said more NBA scouts in attendance than he'd ever seen, and I think MKG may have just played himself into some large dollars. Top 5 draft pick IMO.
December 3, 201114 yr 3pt fg's UNC 11-18 UK 4-17 Really impressive win considering that stat. UK dominated the paint scoring 36-14.
December 3, 201114 yr Great win for the young Wildcats. Teage has a long, long way to go to be the leader we need at point gaurd. Teague just isn't very good. If we had any point guard play today we would have won by 15.
December 3, 201114 yr Great win. Most unselfish game I've seen out of UK this year. UNC can't shoot any better than they did today and I'm shocked at how well UK played down the stretch. That is tough with such a young team against such a good opponent.
December 3, 201114 yr Teague just isn't very good. If we had any point guard play today we would have won by 15. I wouldn't say he just isn't good. Now if your saying he just isn't good as in just isn't as good as Rose, Wall, Knight, etc. and where they were at this point then yeah I will agree with that. But to say he just isn't good really isn't a fair assessment of the actual talent Marquis Teague has. Today he tried to do way too much, he missed clutch free throws late and had a couple horrible shot attempts. But to be fair, other than when Lamb is running point who else are you going to have on the floor? Polson? Malone? Beckham when he gets eligible? No matter if you like the guy or not he's going to be the guy with the ball in his hands this year for UK, he is the point guard. He hasn't lived up to a lot of hype yet but Teague has the tools to be a good player. There's guys out there in college basketball you may want more, but that list isn't high, regardless of grade class. He is a freshman and is going to make freshman mistakes while he continues to feel things out and get a feel for the game. To say he just isn't good doesn't really seem fair. It's tough to come in and compete on such a high level as a freshman point guard, there's going to be some bumps in the road and there's going to be a learning curve. Once this offense gets a feel on how to score and how to get each other going Teague will have the same feel. His quickness off the bounce and ability to blow by and get in the paint is going to be able to run this team. For Teague it's just a matter of doing the right things and making the right decisions with the ball when it matters. I think these are things that will continue to get better the more the season drags on.
December 3, 201114 yr Man, I have friends who are big UNC fans, and I have to be honest. It feels so good to shut them up. They were talking so much crap since the schedule came out and talked non-stop about the beatdown the CATS would get on 12/3. Take a seat boys! And the good news for you ... UK is only going to get better - much better. So if UNC couldn't beat them to day, what are they going to do in March? Give 'em grief RE!!
December 3, 201114 yr I sarcastically stated that UNC would hit a dozen three's in the prediction thread, because we were all highlighting their inability to hit the long range shot. I was almost right. I seriously predicted UNC to win & am very glad to be wrong. Thought it was a total team victory for UK. Balanced scoring & certain players dominated on the offensive end at different points of the contest. Jones was a monster in the 1st half & looked like Maui Terrence Jones. MKG had a stretch there in the early part of the 2nd half that was big. Lamb hit a couple of very timely 3's that had me believing UK might go on a run & win by 6-10 points. Thought Miller hit some timely buckets as well. He was very intelligent to utilize the pump-fake numerous times on Zeller & Henson. I continue to be frustrated with Teague & I felt like offensively, we were much better when Lamb & Miller comprised our backcourt. Thought UNC played well, after starting it off in such ugly fashion. Hairston is a dead-eye from long range. Henson has dramatically improved his offensive game. Not sure why Barnes didn't get a touch on that last possession. Again, a great win for the Cats.
December 3, 201114 yr If this team progresses as it should and as Cal's teams typically do, they will be scary good come March.
December 3, 201114 yr It'll be interesting to see if UK still maintains the #1 ranking even after this impressive result. Ohio State was so strong the other day against Duke. But if UK does hold onto it after this week, I believe they'll be #1 at least up to the Louisville game. Are you kidding? 0% chance UK doesn't retain #1.
December 3, 201114 yr Side note.. how do we get in touch with the chick that does the voice over for the ESPN.com highlights? She mispronounces Doron's name on EVERY highlight.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.