December 5, 201114 yr I think he might have forced one or two of them against UNC, but typically he takes them when he's wide open and he knocks them down. Kid sure does shoot a rainbow though haha.
December 5, 201114 yr I think he might have forced one or two of them against UNC, but typically he takes them when he's wide open and he knocks them down. Kid sure does shoot a rainbow though haha. That he does. Rain maker for sure. But one thing about it is when its going in its going in nothing but net.
December 5, 201114 yr Impressive performance by a young team, IMO. Love the fact that they only had 9 turnovers.
December 5, 201114 yr Author It'll be interesting to see if UK still maintains the #1 ranking even after this impressive result. Ohio State was so strong the other day against Duke. But if UK does hold onto it after this week, I believe they'll be #1 at least up to the Louisville game. Are you kidding? 0% chance UK doesn't retain #1. Why would I be kidding? No, I don't think it will happen that they don't retain, but they were far from a unanimous #1 the past week and Ohio State had as impressive a result if not a more impressive one. C'mon, you can't be serious... By way of a follow-up to this, as I said, I didn't think it would happen that UK would get knocked down and it didn't, but Ohio State did reel them in closer in each poll, especially the coaches. Ohio State is only 9 points back in that poll, down from 17 the prior week.
December 6, 201114 yr Great game ... this is my favorite Coach Cal team. If Teague can keep improving, I feel really, really good about this team's chances at tournament time. Big game from Miller today. Big second half out of Lamb and MKG. Not for me yet for the bolded. Last years team has been my favorite team of his so far. I love teams who play hard great defense, and just play as a complete team, can run an offense, and can shoot. That is why I liked last years team more than John Wall's team too. This years team is so talented, that they have been able to win despite not really playing that great together at least on offense. I love how athletic this team is, and once they get the chemistry down on offense then it will be even more fun to watch. However until that happens, last years team is my favorite.
December 6, 201114 yr I really like the way that this, for another extremly young team, is playing so poised and mature. These guys get on the individual play thing at times but always seem to bring it back. I believe that this team is buying into what Cal teaches alot quicker than the other two groups have. Maybe it is bc Jones came back and has shown that he is ot just playing for himself and has helped these freshmen realize it quicker. I also think that D, Miller is a big influence/leader for the new guys. Should this team continue playing and improving like they are now by seasons end the Cats will be "Scary Good" and primed to make another deep run in the tournament. I think that this is Cal's best team in jhis short three years in.
December 6, 201114 yr . 3. I have said all along this team sinks or swims with Teague. Right now he is allowing them to tread water without going under, and how he progresses is going to determine where UK sits come March. He didn't turn it over today, and despite some bad shots allowed UK to be in position to win. He is going to be hot and cold shooting, and he is going to take shots that make UK fans crazy. As long as he can grasp his role as it continues to develop UK is the top dog. He didn't hurt them today outside of a bad jumper or two and a missed FT. That is going to be best case for the next month or so and then it will be time for him to make that push for this team to be great or just really good... I agree, Teague seems to be the last o0f this freshmen group to be coming around to team play. He will look great on one trip and them go off to his own "Teague league" on the next time down. I do believe that he will come around. When he gets enough of Cal's blasting him, getting on him and he will get there, just a little more stubborn than the others,lol. I think I went to high school with her. :lol:Me too, then again maybe that was her sister (from Fairview). This game was exactly how I expected it to be. Did it seem to anybody else that in the 2nd half, UNC came out very sluggish and not very determined? Maybe it's just me. Very happy with how we played. Had some dumb turnovers, but that stuff comes with more and more experience.I think that it was more the way that U.K. stpped up the 'D" in the 2nd half, UNC was shut down. So happy with this win yesterday. I love our team and the scary thing in my mind is that we still have a pretty long way to go in my opinion. I love this squad. D Lamb's threes were huge, kid shoots with such confidence. :thumb::thumb: I agree on all points. Terrance Jones needs to realize he is a big man and post up. He also needs to realize he does not need to match 3 for 3. I think that Jones is fine. He did take a couple of bad shots in this one but has not been doing that. Jones is so versatile and talented it's scary, he will go and play inside/post up when needed, he can take an opponet off the dribble and drive to the bucket or he can also nail the outside shot. I don't think that he is hurting the team with his play at all. I honestly believe that he has been the best on the team this season. Should this play continue imo he is a legit cantidate for National p.o.y..
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.