Is the overall quality of Ky football improving; holding steady; or declining?

leatherneck

I think the 6 class system would strengthen the product. Smaller districts free up the schedule. The schools who want to get better have more dates tp schedule tougher teams and get better versus being locked into 5-6 district games that may not be as competitive.
Actually, I think it's the opposite. Many teams still play the regional rivals that might have been in their district under the old system. I don't think the scheduling grid has helped either. Locking district games into certain dates seem to have given schools less flexibility in scheduling.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks folks for the thoughts. Because it's admittedly tough to judge football overall throughout Ky, perhaps we should refocus the issue: how about each poster answering the question: is your football program better or worse than it was 5 yrs or so ago and why? Just your program and let each poster's answer stand without rebuttal. Obviously posters of the same school can disagree with their assessment of their program.

Next?

I know Scott County has improved there program. The coaching staff reaches out to the Football League's by running clinics & takes active parts in the feeder school programes. In all, the Leagues and feeder programs include about 700 kids a year. We have expanded the varsity this year to 72 kids and only 18 are seniors, and the freshmen have 60 players. Coach McKee is starting to utilize a offence team and defence team and using the younger kids on specialty teams. We are continueing to improve but we are not there yet.

I know Scott County has improved there program. The coaching staff reaches out to the Football League's by running clinics & takes active parts in the feeder school programes. In all, the Leagues and feeder programs include about 700 kids a year. We have expanded the varsity this year to 72 kids and only 18 are seniors, and the freshmen have 60 players. Coach McKee is starting to utilize a offence team and defence team and using the younger kids on specialty teams. We are continueing to improve but we are not there yet.

That's great to learn Bill. Unless and until 6A teams develop the depth to capably two platoon, they'll never have a chance to beat T. Sounds like Coach McKee is definitely on the right track.