Highlands/Boyd County Predictions

Birdsfan

Who wins this game?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Q,

What is the difference between district basketball seeds and football? Say one of the 6A schools playing a 1A school they know they can run off the floor, out muscle, out jump? Does anyone like the differential no, but it is what it is. The goal is the same to get a win and not get anyone hurt.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q,

What is the difference between district basketball seeds and football? Say one of the 6A schools playing a 1A school they know they can run off the floor, out muscle, out jump? Does anyone like the differential no, but it is what it is. The goal is the same to get a win and not get anyone hurt.

But you can play multiple basketball games in one week. Each unnecessary playoff football game extends the season by another week. The finalists in each division will have played an extra half of a regular season by the time the state game ends.

And lets face it, the risk of injury in one football game is much higher than in one basketball game.

Pretty good. I'm okay with experiencing the post season but what good is it to bring kids over 100 miles to get embarrassed? Somebody help me understand this.
If they give it their best shot and play to the end like winners, they shouldn't feel embarrassed at all. Embarrassment would be not showing up, or not starting your best players in an effort to win against the odds.

Tough day for the Boyd head coach. Nothing he says he can convince 16- and 17-year-old kids they can win this one.
If I were him, I would tell his players to play like they think they can win. And I would tell them that this is an experience the seniors will remember and from which the underclassmen will gain valuable experience.

But you can play multiple basketball games in one week. Each unnecessary playoff football game extends the season by another week. The finalists in each division will have played an extra half of a regular season by the time the state game ends.

And lets face it, the risk of injury in one football game is much higher than in one basketball game.

I understand completely. Q is complaining about the disparity between the teams and all I am saying is that it goes on in basketball and even in basketball the district runner up gets a second chance going to the regionals. So there are some basketball games that should not be played if you want to look at it like that.

Shelby Valley 2A 5-5

Morgan Cty 3A 8-2

East Carter 3A 0-10

Russell 3A 6-4

Johnson Central 4A 8-2

Ashland Blazer 4A 8-2

Rowan Cty 4A 8-2

Magoffin Cty 3A 3-7

Greenup Cty 4A 0-10

West Carter 3A 3-7

49-51

They haven't played the toughest schedule.