Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 2013 Recruiting

Featured Replies

I haven't heard or read anything about it being televised. I'm guessing it'll be online somewhere.

 

I read that the brother said they were waiting to hear back from ESPN to know if they would show it or not, since there's no new news on that, I'd assume it'll be an online one as you said.

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 133.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I read that the brother said they were waiting to hear back from ESPN to know if they would show it or not, since there's no new news on that, I'd assume it'll be an online one as you said.

 

Hopefully he gets some air time.

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats

Just talked to Deer Valley High School. Marcus Lee's college announcement will be at 2:38 p.m. ET.

If we never had another recruit go on TV to tell us where he is going it would be fine by me.

 

If Willis leaves or doesn't ever make it to campus it will be his decision and not Calipari's. I think Cal saw what having a guy like Darius can do for the team and fan base so I think Willis will be your Darius for the next four years. A quality Kentucky kid that will end up contributing before its all said and done.

 

Willis is an average basketball player who will get over recruited every year. Dude should find another school now if he ever wants to see the floor.

It is accurate if you believe no one leaves early.

 

I do not believe that.

 

No way all those guys stay.

 

 

Cut him some slack guys he said POSSIBLE returners, not probable.

  • Author
Willis is an average basketball player who will get over recruited every year. Dude should find another school now if he ever wants to see the floor.

 

Maybe so, but the decision is up to him. Maybe he wants to play against the best every day in practice, be the best player he can be, and win championships. Some things are more important to different kids, I know if he was anything like I was growing up he dreamed of wearing the blue and white. He is one of the .00000001% of Kentucky kids that actually get to live that dream. Average or not, a player at 6'8''-6'9'' who can step out and shoot it and put the ball on the deck is someone who will see some playing time by the time 4 years rolls around. Who knows, with the class coming in next year (If Wiltjer stays) maybe he redshirts and gets 5 years. Speaking of Wiltjer, he wasn't the typical Calipari player either, BUT, after seeing what Wiltjer adds to the team I think Cal was chasing another player in that mold and that player is Willis.

I look for Hood & Wiltjer to come back. Harrow & Cauley-Stein possibly. I think Archie, Poythress, & Nerlens leave.

 

I can't see Clauley-Stein leaving after one year. Has a lot of potential but needs to refine his game. Everyone else I agree with.

Lee announcement moved to 4.

Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats

Just talked to Deer Valley High School. Marcus Lee's college announcement will be at 2:38 p.m. ET.

 

 

Pushed back to 4 pm so ESPN can be there.

Pushed back to 4 pm so ESPN can be there.

 

So that means he's going to UK. :D

It is accurate if you believe no one leaves early.

 

I do not believe that.

 

Pushed back to 4 pm so ESPN can be there.

 

 

I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to get a crew there to try and include it in their all access coverage of UK. I'd bet we'll see it in there.

Pushed back to 4 pm so ESPN can be there.

 

You would think ESPN would have given more heads up aside from like 30 mins before the original announcement... But you never know with them, and given the fact John Calipari was at their HQ today. But glad he's getting his air time, and he seems John Calipari sets it up so all of these recruits that commit to UK get air time for their commitment. Pair that with the ESPN access, and every game being on National Television, with the draft success, and his tournament resume, this truly is a players first program, and Cal's showing every bit of it.

You would think ESPN would have given more heads up aside from like 30 mins before the original announcement... But you never know with them. Glad he's getting his air time, and he seems John Calipari sets it up so all of these recruits that commit to UK get air time for their commitment. Pair that with the ESPN access, and every game being on National Television, with the draft success, and his tournament resume, this truly is a players first program, and Cal's showing every bit of it.

 

The Kentucky Effect = More Exposure

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.