How old to have a legal drink?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How old to have a legal drink?

• 18 years and older
    • 21 years and older
    • Other age, below 18 years.
    • Other age, above 21 years.
    • 19 or 20 years and older

I voted 19 because 18 year old teenagers are still walking around every high school. Make it 19 so 95% of the 19 year olds are out of high school and take away the chance for the 18 year olds to have it around the younger people. You'd be lowering the drinking age to about 14 by letting high schoolers drink legally.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18, no reasonable agrument can be made for a higher age.

Old enough to vote, old enough to protect and die for your country, old enough to be executed for a crime. If a bar owner doesn't want a bunch of 18 year olds in his/her bar they can set an age limit for customers.

18, no reasonable agrument can be made for a higher age.

Old enough to vote, old enough to protect and die for your country, old enough to be executed for a crime. If a bar owner doesn't want a bunch of 18 year olds in his/her bar they can set an age limit for customers.

You think it's good for high school seniors to be allowed to drink legally? I do think 21 is a bit ridiculous, but I'm mostly all for 19, not 18.

I voted 19 because 18 year old teenagers are still walking around every high school. Make it 19 so 95% of the 19 year olds are out of high school and take away the chance for the 18 year olds to have it around the younger people. You'd be lowering the drinking age to about 14 by letting high schoolers drink legally.

I think this is an extremely valid point.

You think it's good for high school seniors to be allowed to drink legally? I do think 21 is a bit ridiculous, but I'm mostly all for 19, not 18.
Either someone is an adult at 18 or they aren't, period. If anyone thinks allowing 18 year olds to drink will increase drinking amoung high school kids they have been living under a rock. If it's that much of a concern then make stiffer penalties for contributing to a minor.

Check out driving ages in these other countries. In Germany, it is 18. I think there is some merit to being able to drink beer and wine for 2 years, starting at age 16., before you get your drivers license. I have always felt that because German teenagers can drink at age 16, when they are 18 and can drive, drinking won't be such a big deal and will have lost its appeal