Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Turntable Collection

Featured Replies

Some you already know that I'm a big vinyl record guy.So I thought I would post some pics of what I play my vinyl on.I just love vintage Turntables made in the 1950s,1960s and 1970s back when things were built to last!:thumb:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

The Sansui SR-929...

This is my best and most favorite turntable I have.It has a Shure MD3 Cartridge that was made in the late 1950s.The Turntable was made around 1977-1978 at a cost of $1200.00.It plays two speeds 33/45...

sr 929.jpg

  • Author

The Dual CS-5000 Turntable...It has a Stanton 680 EL cartridge.

This turntable was made between 1985-1990 at a retail price of $500.00.

One of the best turntables made in the late 1980s.

It plays three speeds 33/45/78...I really love this sound of this turntable.:thumb:

cs 5000.jpg

  • Author

Dual 1214 turntable with a shure cartridge M81MC.

Three Speed 33/45/78...Made 1970-1971.List price $120.00

1214.jpg

  • Author

The Dual 1226 turntable...With a Royal/Shure RM900E cartridge.

Two Speed 33/45.Made 1973-1974.List price $170.00

1226.jpg

  • Author

The Dual 1228 turntable...With a Shure M91ED cartridge.

Two speed 33/45.Made 1973-1974.List price $200.00

1228.jpg

  • Author

The Thorens TD-160 turntable...With a Audio Technica AT13Ea cartridge.Two speed 33/45.

I believe this one was made around 1971-1972.I'm not sure about the list price.

Thorens turntables are one of the most sought after TTs by collectors,especially The TD-124 that usually brings over $1500.00.

160.jpg

  • Author

The Elac Miracord 40a turntable.With a Stanton 680EL cartridge.

Four Speeds 16/33/45/78.Made around 1968.This is a really nice built turntable.

elac miracord 40a.jpg

  • Author

The Garrard 50H turntable.With a low end audio technica cartridge.

Four Speeds 16/33/45/78.I believe this turntable was made around 1968.

Not a great table but it holds its own...

50h.jpg

  • Author

Philco turntable model # ?...Not sure about the cartridge But you can flip the stylus to play LP or 78.Plays speeds 16/33/45/78.This is a good turntable to play old beat up 78s on.I would think this turntable was made in the early 1960s.

philco.jpg

  • Author

That's all I have for now.:D If anyone has a old turntable and you would like some info on it just send me a p.m. or add it to a post.Also please post pics of your turntable/Record Player.I don't care if it's your parents,grand parents.uncle and aunt's...I just love checking out turntables...:ylsuper:

  • Author

I picked this baby up a couple months ago.A Philips GA 212 electronic turntable made in Holland,with a nice empire cartridge.

It cost me about $25 in restaurant food trade and a $50 upgrade package I got from ebay...I had to change a $2 capacitor and I had to adjust a few pitch control options on the electronics board.Man this table sounds so nice...

Philips 212.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.