Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Finals prove the need to split.

Featured Replies

  • Author
I sometimes wonder if it is because you are that comical or just have too much time on your hands to come up with this stuff. :D
A little of the former and a lot of the latter! ;)

Should have a spot reserved in the BGP Classics forum!!!! :lol:

The fact that the 2005 finals were dominated by one set of teams is clear evidence that we need seperate playoffs in Kentucky. When one group of teams wins such a disproportionate number of championships, it's time to act decisively! This inequity has gone unchecked for too long.

 

Therefore, the KHSAA should be compelled to immediately set up two -- seperate but equal -- championship tournaments in each of the four classes. One division will be set aside for East Ky teams. The other will consist only of West Ky teams.

 

This arrangement will level the playing field for the West Ky teams. It will give them a fair chance to bring home a state championship trophy of their very own to love and care for.

 

The 2005 sweep by East bracket teams must never be repeated! Let's ban together and "Give the west a rest!"

 

 

 

 

Well...what did you think I was talking about?

 

BF- that would never fly and here's why; what about the schools in the far west who get kids from the northern part of town or county? or if your school is in the eastern part of the western county, do you still get to play in the western part of the state bracket? I just think it's not fair for these schools who are totally in the west to have all of these advantages, what's next- a seperate playoff for the other schools in the west?

  • Author
BF- that would never fly and here's why; what about the schools in the far west who get kids from the northern part of town or county? or if your school is in the eastern part of the western county, do you still get to play in the western part of the state bracket? I just think it's not fair for these schools who are totally in the west to have all of these advantages, what's next- a seperate playoff for the other schools in the west?
Okay, now I have a headache...

Birdsfan, what about Central teams.

 

I mean, everytime I watch the weather in times of emergency, they talk about Central Kentucky, North Central Kentucky...And what about Kentuckiana? I'm all confused? Who's playing whom?

Birdsfan, what about Central teams.

 

I mean, everytime I watch the weather in times of emergency, they talk about Central Kentucky, North Central Kentucky...And what about Kentuckiana? I'm all confused? Who's playing whom?

How about 280 championships? ;)

 

Or no championships and we all play for the fun of it. Play the regular season and end it there. :p

  • Author
Birdsfan, what about Central teams.

 

I mean, everytime I watch the weather in times of emergency, they talk about Central Kentucky, North Central Kentucky...And what about Kentuckiana? I'm all confused? Who's playing whom?

I think maybe we should do it Secret Santa style. Everybody put their names in a bowl and then pick one out. That will be the team you play for your state championship.
The fact that the 2005 finals were dominated by one set of teams is clear evidence that we need seperate playoffs in Kentucky. When one group of teams wins such a disproportionate number of championships, it's time to act decisively! This inequity has gone unchecked for too long.

 

Therefore, the KHSAA should be compelled to immediately set up two -- seperate but equal -- championship tournaments in each of the four classes. One division will be set aside for East Ky teams. The other will consist only of West Ky teams.

 

This arrangement will level the playing field for the West Ky teams. It will give them a fair chance to bring home a state championship trophy of their very own to love and care for.

 

The 2005 sweep by East bracket teams must never be repeated! Let's ban together and "Give the west a rest!"

 

 

 

 

Well...what did you think I was talking about?

 

Where have I heard this phrase before?? :rolleyes:

Separate is arguably not equal in principle.

  • Author
Separate is arguably not equal in principle.

You do get it....don't you?

Apologies! haha

leave it the way that it is and quit crying about your team not being good enough.

You know--the post is very funny, but don't laugh too hard. This geographic split is exactly the system that's in place in Pennsylvania.

There are multiple class Championship titles for each--the Eastern, and Western parts of the state.

The reason? Way back in the 40's Pittsburgh area schools couldn't compete with the Philly area schools in Basketball, and vice versa in football, so it was split. It's still that way today. So--it's not out of the realm that it's possible.

Very far fetched--but possible nonetheless.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.