Track The NL Central Champion Reds (Week 14)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one disrespecting him is the person questioning one of his main managerial rules.

Sparky was also known as "Captain Hook" if you remember your Big Red machine days. He used the bullpen more than any other manager you and I ever saw. He also didn't have the best starting 5 in baseball for most of his years in Cincinnati so he needed the bullpen.

Madden stuck with Price too long in the top and Dusty stuck with Cueto too long in the bottom. Sparky would have won this game for both teams. :D

Price threw over 120 pitches & Cueto had 94. I still think you stick with Johnny in that situation, because he was dominant tonight. But, it's a moot point now.

Price threw over 120 pitches & Cueto had 94. I still think you stick with Johnny in that situation, because he was dominant tonight. But, it's a moot point now.

I am sure that is why Dusty stuck with Cueto as long as he did, and I can see that. He had to like Bray versus Damon if it got to that. Give Damon credit. He has over 2,500 hits for a reason.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Damon wins it on a cue shot. Longoria's homer would have been the moot point if that ball is caught. Sometimes you get beat by the flares, sometimes you win by them. All you can say is poop, tough luck for our ace. He was outstanding tonight, and it's become commonplace.

I am sure that is why Dusty stuck with Cueto as long as he did, and I can see that. I am sure he had to like Bray versus Damon if it got to that. Give Damon credit. He has over 2,500 hits for a reason.

Regarding that double, in the post game, Johnny said Bray was not giving him anything he could hit and sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Madden stuck with Price too long in the top and Dusty stuck with Cueto too long in the bottom. Sparky would have won this game for both teams. :D

I had no problem with Dusty going with Bray in that situation, but I disagree that Baker stuck with him too long.