What Advantage?

Rickyp

Honest question, not trying to stir anything up but I am wondering. If a student transfers from School A to School B, the KHSAA asks for a transfer and a change of residence. What are the guidelines for the parishes?

Can I own a home in one parish but rent in the other and attend either private school? Or is it tied to church attendance, where I worship?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honest question, not trying to stir anything up but I am wondering. If a student transfers from School A to School B, the KHSAA asks for a transfer and a change of residence. What are the guidelines for the parishes?

Can I own a home in one parish but rent in the other and attend either private school? Or is it tied to church attendance, where I worship?

?????????? Parish issue has nothing to do with KHSAA, that is all regulated within in the church. It is strictly followed, the Bishop isn't going to break at rule just so Holy Cross or CCH can win a regional title.

O.K. bigstud. Was it Ronald Reagan who said "There You Go again"? You are always so easy to bite whenever this issue is brought up. Very defensive. I'm not disputing anything you say whatsoever. You can fill your so called facts. I simply know what I know and that is what bothers you the most.

The problem is you think you know something. Your trying to dispute something that I know to be a fact.

?????????? Parish issue has nothing to do with KHSAA, that is all regulated within in the church. It is strictly followed, the Bishop isn't going to break at rule just so Holy Cross or CCH can win a regional title.

As BigZig implied, you are being too defensive to my question. I believe you stated that there are guidelines in what part of the county that a Catholic school in NKY can draw their students from. Given that, what are those guidelines? Which church they worship at? Where they live? What are the guidelines that the church gives to Holy Cross and CCH?

As BigZig implied, you are being too defensive to my question. I believe you stated that there are guidelines in what part of the county that a Catholic school in NKY can draw their students from. Given that, what are those guidelines? Which church they worship at? Where they live? What are the guidelines that the church gives to Holy Cross and CCH?

Where they worship. Not where they live. It is broken down onto what parish you attend. If you do not belong to a parish you have to pay the out of district tution.

You can have a residence anywhere you want and be a member of any parish.

(But remember you do not have to be Catholic to attend a Catholic school)

So, for example, you can live in Alexandria in Campbell Co. and be a member at St. Agnes just up the road from CovCath in Kenton Co. if you want to.

And note it is not that uncommon for a family that moves to remain in their original parish until kids finish grade school or high school.

Plus there is no "rule" against living in Alexandria and being a member of a parish in Campbell Co. and attending Notre Dame or CovCath or Holy Cross. You just pay an out-of-district tuition rate. However, NKY Catholic high schools can only actively recruit students in the parishes assigned to them.

So, for example, you can live in Alexandria in Campbell Co. and be a member at St. Agnes just up the road from CovCath in Kenton Co. if you want to.

And note it is not that uncommon for a family that moves to remain in their original parish until kids finish grade school or high school.

Plus there is no "rule" against living in Alexandria and being a member of a parish in Campbell Co. and attending Notre Dame or CovCath or Holy Cross. You just pay an out-of-district tuition rate. However, NKY Catholic high schools can only actively recruit students in the parishes assigned to them.

:thumb:

Also another stipulation. You don't have to be Catholic to attend at Catholic High School or grade school as you stated.

But if you did not attend a Catholic grade school and then in 9th grade want to attend a Catholic High School and you do not belong to a parish. You cannot belong to a parish and not be Catholic. So therefore you would then have to pay out of district tution.

Thanks APNW.

I understand you are saying what school they are assigned to is based on geographic location sort of like a public school without open enrollment. If they choose to attend school out of that geographic enrollment, they pay a higher out-of-district tuition rate.

Is it similar to living in Bracken County and wanting to attend Campbell County HS and having to pay tuition to do that?

Okay, what if you live in Brossart's parish and want to play football? Do you have to pay that higher rate since Brossart does not offer football?

Thanks APNW.

I understand you are saying what school they are assigned to is based on geographic location sort of like a public school without open enrollment. If they choose to attend school out of that geographic enrollment, they pay a higher out-of-district tuition rate.

Is it similar to living in Bracken County and wanting to attend Campbell County HS and having to pay tuition to do that?

Okay, what if you live in Brossart's parish and want to play football? Do you have to pay that higher rate since Brossart does not offer football?

Yes you do.

Thanks APNW.

Depends on where you want to play football at.

At CovCath and Holy Cross yes. At NewCath no (All Campbell County parishes are in district.)

If you are a member of a parish in Covington and you want to attend St. Henry, NCC, or Brossart then you pay out-of-district.

Depends on where you want to play football at.

At CovCath and Holy Cross yes. At NewCath no (All Campbell County parishes are in district.)

If you are a member of a parish in Covington and you want to attend St. Henry, NCC, or Brossart then you pay out-of-district.

So you can attend any of the Catholic schools WITHIN a district without paying the higher tuition but if you wish to attend a school outside the county, you have to pay a HIGHER tuition to attend.

Thanks very much. I better understand the process. Being on the outskirts of NKY, I have not had a chance to be involved in this process and was ignorant of the matter. Thanks for removing my ignorance.