Volquez to the Mets for Jose Reyes?

Would you trade Volquez to the Mets for Jose Reyes?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Volquez to the Mets for Jose Reyes?

This tweet by John Fay really peaked my interest last night. If you were Walt Jocketty would you make the trade? Keep in mind that Reyes is set to become a free agent at the end of the year, and I believe is making around 11 million this year.

RT @Pcashmoney @johnfayman sooooooooooooo that trade for reyes looks good... mets are dumb they would take volquez//Probably straight-up

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I love Reyes, but the Reds major issue is top of the rotation. I feel confident Janish and Renteria platoon at SS is serviceable. Plus, I'd see no chance the Mets do that deal.

According to Fay's tweet the Mets would probably do it straight up.

They have been brutal lately.

Janish is 5 for his last 43

Renteria is 7 for his last 46

I think I would seriously consider it. That is a tough call considering he is pretty much going to go walk at the end of the year. This kind of goes away from their current business model that has worked over the last few years.

They have been brutal lately.

Janish is 5 for his last 43

Renteria is 7 for his last 46

I think I would seriously consider it. That is a tough call considering he is pretty much going to go walk at the end of the year. This kind of goes away from their current business model that has worked over the last few years.

That's true. Reyes is expensive and short-term. All the numbers say it would be a reckless move, but I would love to have Reyes on board.

I would say do it. I don't see Volquez ever being that #1 or 2 starter for the Reds like most of us hoped. That one good year he had was more of the exception rather than the rule for him. At this rate he is not even one of our best 5 starting pitchers IMO. Even though he has the best stuff, doesn't mean he is one of the better pitchers as we are finding out. So I would make that trade, and just see how things work out.

I would say do it. I don't see Volquez ever being that #1 or 2 starter for the Reds like most of us hoped. That one good year he had was more of the exception rather than the rule for him. At this rate he is not even one of our best 5 starting pitchers IMO. Even though he has the best stuff, doesn't mean he is one of the better pitchers as we are finding out. So I would make that trade, and just see how things work out.

I'm kind of with you here. I just don't like the idea or "renting" a player that's being paid 11 million dollars. I can't see the Reds winning the division if they A) don't figure out the top of the rotation and B) keep hitting like they have been during these skids. That to me says they need to make a move.

NO WAY!!! Trade a 27 year old #1 starter with the best stuff on the staff for 2/3 of a season rent a player? Really??? I know the guy is struggling but he is still working his way back from TJ surgery and control is the last thing to recapture. If you ever want to win in the postseason, you must have a #1 starter and Volquez is the best opportunity on the Reds staff for that. Top level #1 starters are too hard to find. I don't even have to think about this.

NO WAY!!! Trade a 27 year old #1 starter with the best stuff on the staff for 2/3 of a season rent a player? Really??? I know the guy is struggling but he is still working his way back from TJ surgery and control is the last thing to recapture. If you ever want to win in the postseason, you must have a #1 starter and Volquez is the best opportunity on the Reds staff for that. Top level #1 starters are too hard to find. I don't even have to think about this.

Will you change your mind after EV gets rocked around in aaa for a few starts...

Straight up for one of the best shortstops in the game today? You wouldn't even think about it?