Volquez to the Mets for Jose Reyes?

Would you trade Volquez to the Mets for Jose Reyes?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Volquez to the Mets for Jose Reyes?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point of dealing him would be to get rid of the salary I don't see them eating much of it.

I disagree. I think the point is to get something for him instead of letting him walk. I think they're dumb enough to eat some of it.

Are the Reds a shortstop away from leading the division? Both offensively and defensively? Serious question.

I would say Janish is good enough defensively but obviously not offensively and Reyes would fill the role of leadoff hitter. If it was for more than half a season I would be all over it but I'm just not sure.

Volquez hasn't been healthy for a full summer since his great season in 2008 ... that fact is indisputable. The only reason for the Reds to do this deal is if they're convinced that he won't again be effective in the major leagues. I would be afraid to make that gamble.

Are the Reds a shortstop away from leading the division? Both offensively and defensively? Serious question.

With the way Dusty likes to bat SS in the 2 spot, I believe this could be true...Reyes would definitely look better in that spot then Janish and Renteria do...

Even if we don't think he is a #1 (Which I don't anymore) we are pretty much just giving him away to have Reyes for a few months.

Are we ever going to get anything more for him? I mean the more he continues to suck the less chance we have of getting anything for him at all, at least right now we can get a stud SS to plug into our offense which is dead right now...EV has given the Reds nothing this year and probably wont, but Reyes probably would...Reds fans should be glad another team wants to give up a quality player like Reyes for EV in a year with high expectations for the Reds and a chance to not be a one year divisional fluke...Chances are the Reds will never get anything better for EV and eventually he will walk away thru FA...

With the way Dusty likes to bat SS in the 2 spot, I believe this could be true...Reyes would definitely look better in that spot then Janish and Renteria do...

I'd imagine that Reyes would leadoff, allowing Stubbs more RBI chance down the lineup. I'd hope that if it panned out that he'd put BP back in the 2 hole. Rolen to cleanup. Bruce 5, Stubbs 6. Just my feeble managerial thoughts. Likely none of this will happen.

I'd imagine that Reyes would leadoff, allowing Stubbs more RBI chance down the lineup. I'd hope that if it panned out that he'd put BP back in the 2 hole. Rolen to cleanup. Bruce 5, Stubbs 6. Just my feeble managerial thoughts. Likely none of this will happen.

I agree I was just going along with Dusty's recent philosophy...and Reyes still looks way better in that 2 whole, but he should bat leadoff...

I would say Janish is good enough defensively but obviously not offensively and Reyes would fill the role of leadoff hitter. If it was for more than half a season I would be all over it but I'm just not sure.

Janish is absolutely horrible on offense lol...Here are the numbers for Pauly in May vs NL pitchers for the season...

.106/.157/.149 for the month of May, most in the 2nd spot of the lineup. For comparison

.134/.165/.168 are the season averages for NL Pitchers