Ashland - Daily Independent All Area team

Goliath

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Russell will have anyone make the small school team????

Frances

You never know. I know my Senior year we beat Russell by 4 TD's but they had about 4 more kids on the 1st team then we did. Our Coach wasn't happy to say the least. Russell and Ashland tend to land many kids on the team and usually it's with good reason. Russell deserves to land a lot this year. They earned it!

I'm sure the team will be overwhelmingly Russell and Paintsville, with a couple of Fairview and Raceland for good measure.

Frances

Frances, what all schools are included for the large school?? And which ones are in the small school?? I know small is 1 and 2A, large being 3 and 4A. Is Sheldon Clark included?? I know they use to be but I think that's when they were in a 3A district with Ashland. So what schools are included?? If Sheldon Clark is included they should have a few kids as well. The only thing that concerns me about Paintsville's players being segregated is that Paintsville hasn't had a representative there the last few years and I don't know if they will again this year. Not only have I not heard of any Paintsville players making All-Area the last few years, I've not heard any of them making All-District either. I still haven't heard if any made it this year, with being district champs you figure the All-District team would be swamped with Tiger players.