The Killing

If this turns out as strong as The Walking Dead, I would completely agree. Fearful of where they're going with The Walking Dead though. I've read they dumped the writers of the first six episodes, so I'm a little bit concerned.

That's a cause for joy my friend, not concern. The moment they deviated from the comics they made a mistake.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say. The show did a great job of messing with my expectations of people in the first few episodes. I had the young cop pegged as a total creep early on, but he might be my favorite character so far. Which means, of course, that he's the most likely to have done it.

I would say it is even possible that we haven't even been introduced to the killer yet...

The original writers deviated from the comics?

I don't want to get the thread too far off track, but yes, they did. Pretty much immediately. The stuff with the Latino gang and the entire CDC arc were brand new. Robert Kirkman did write the former (Episode 4 - Vatos), so that's slightly forgivable, but the whole stuff about the CDC? Not a fan. The first 2-3 episodes on the other hand, were almost shot for shot from the comics.

Oh, and one character even being alive is pretty large deviation.

I would say it is even possible that we haven't even been introduced to the killer yet...

I hope not. IMO a show like this, if you don't introduce the character that will be the killer right away, you're cheating. Half the fun is discussing who you think it is, and if you introduce them midstream, people feel like they wasted their time early on.

I hope not. IMO a show like this, if you don't introduce the character that will be the killer right away, you're cheating. Half the fun is discussing who you think it is, and if you introduce them midstream, people feel like they wasted their time early on.

I agree with you. I'd be pretty surprised if the killer wasn't in the first episode, much less still waiting to be revealed after 3 episodes.

I don't want to get the thread too far off track, but yes, they did. Pretty much immediately. The stuff with the Latino gang and the entire CDC arc were brand new. Robert Kirkman did write the former (Episode 4 - Vatos), so that's slightly forgivable, but the whole stuff about the CDC? Not a fan. The first 2-3 episodes on the other hand, were almost shot for shot from the comics.

Oh, and one character even being alive is pretty large deviation.

I've never read a comic in my entire life, but I enjoyed TWD so much that I might give it a try, especially with the information you're providing me with.

Anybody have any guesses yet? Have you ruled anyone out?

My wife has a suspicion for Holder (I think that's his name...Linden's "partner"). I'm wondering about Linden's fiance, but don't really have any specific reasons for suspecting him other than he just looks like a killer. :D

The fiance is the one I'm betting on. In the picture, but out of mind enough you forget. The partner seems to obvious.

I think the father will become a suspect before this is over with, but I hope they don't go that route. Again, Twin Peaks....

You're right and thats a good point.

They've made a lot of people look suspicious, but any guess I have is exactly that, a complete guess. The only people I've ruled out are the main character (can't think of her name right now) and the two kids...Jasper and Echols. They seem like typical characters who did something wrong, but didn't do the something wrong that the show is about.

My first guess was the teacher and I suppose I will stick with that for now.

They threw the show at the teacher, which means he probably didn't do it or they will find away to lead us in a different direction. Either way, I think the teacher was dating Rosie.